Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,678 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD, kybrg

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 years ago 0 984 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang tough formyson...the headache will go. Think of it like going to the dentist. That little bit of pain for a little bit of time will prevent a whole lot worse in the long run. We're all behind you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 38 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �5.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i am really really craving a cigarette right now. i have a headache and i am in a bad mood, i feel really jumpy and nervous and if my other half so much as [i]looks[/i] at me i am going to eat his head! he seems to be handling it so much better than me (we both quit at the same time at midnight new years eve). i really really want a cigarette. i am thinking of all the reasons i have stopped, my health, my sons health, money, its shameful and disgusting thing to do, it smells, i don't want to die of lung cancer, i don't want to be weaker than a damn cigarette etc, but i can't help really wanting one, sometimes all those good reasons to stop seem to float out the window when i just think about how good it would be to smoke right now. and its easy to say "just dont think about it", but if i asked you not to think about a blue elephant, you'd think about a blue elephant! so thats why i am on here. i've drank so much water today to stave off the cravings, and snacked quite alot on twiglets (low calorie so not so bad) aswell. this is nearly the worst time over though right? first 2 or 3 days are the worst arn't they?? i just need to know i am not going mad! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 28 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
formyson, My wife and I quit together just recently. Your hubby may seem like he's doing well but if I had to guess "the feeling's mutual" We have found that long walks together has helped so much. It gives us time to work out the craves, breathe fresh air and really talk about what's going on in our addicted minds. First week or so is tough - no doubt about it! Stay strong and try to comminicate without inflicting pain! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 667 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $104 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You very aptly put into words how I felt several times today, but true to everyone's word, the cravings passed. I have put up signs all over my office regarding my quitting so i have built a little network of support in my office and I have a big network here. Whenever I have a craving I keep thinking about how much I want to stick it to big Tobacco. I just think of making them go through dollar withdrawal due to not having my daily deposit into their pockets. And I keep thinking how remarkably clear my lungs feel and how I feel very calm when I am not itching for a cigarette. It is a cool feeling that I haven't felt in years. HANG IN THERE!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 25 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
formyson - Hang in there. Day one and two were just a blur for me. At the end of day three, all seemed to be back to normal. If you don't lose it in the first three days, you'll be just fine. Stay busy. Take a nap. Sleep through it. Whatever you have to do, do it! Be strong. This addiction is not stronger than you, is it? Peace. -- 2tone [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 211 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $38.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
  • Quit Meter

$357,816.38

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9154 Hours: 20

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 1

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
formyson: It is tough, no question about it. But isn't anything that's worthwhile? You must take a look at the self-talk, the language you use. If you continually say to yourself "I really want a cigarette", you're making it much rougher than it needs to. Because you're telling yourself how deprived you feel. I understand your comment about the blue elephant, but if you turn your self-talk from "I really need....I really want....a cigarette" into "I am choosing to be a non-smoker" or "boy, this addiction of mine really wants control again. No more!" NOPE.....Not One Puff Ever Hang in there -- the first few days are definitely the most difficult. Keep the faith. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,468 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $688 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What about your hypnosis tape? How's that comming? It's tough kiddo. We've all been there. Keep posting. What would it do for you to try to picture yourself handling this personal transition crisis with grace? Look at yourself in the mirror. I know when I'm craving - I look like crap, some kind of youtube junkie. On the flip side, I try to picture myself getting the news of a terminal diagnosis and saying goodbye to my children as I depart this world. I would want to be composed. Sometimes this helps me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 46 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
formyson, Please let us know how you are doing now. We're here for you love.. Vent, rant, ramble,,,whatever you need to do..coz we've all done and so much more. If you can get onto IM and see who's online and talk it out as well. [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/polarbearhug.gif[/IMG] to let you know we are surrounding you with so much support and comfort during this time of your quit ! Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,273 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $567 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yeah, let us know you're not in jail, okay?? Hope things are going a little more easily for you! peteg
17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh honey, I do know exactly where you are. And I promise you, it will get better, it will get easier. But listen. You say you "really really want a cigarette". Take a deep breath. Now, remember back to when you were smoking when all you wanted every time you lit up was to quit? Well, now you have. You have started that process. It takes some time to get comfortable with it and to look at it as a choice, but that does come with time. Remember, this is a choice. We choose, every single time, not to smoke. Because it's the right thing to do. And, I want you to quit saying I want a cigarette to yourself. Maybe say "I used to smoke, but I choose not to now", "I would normally smoke now/here, but now I choose not to", or words of your choosing meaning the same. It will help you to think in a positive way about your quit. You are choosing it, remember that. No one is forcing you to quit, it's your choice. Because it's the right thing to do. Congratulations, you've taken the first steps toward freedom! And you sooooooo deserve it. Be nice to yourself. You deserve it. And remember, your quit is as unique as are you. Do not compare yourself to anyone else, even if they live in the same house as do you. OK? Breathe. This too shall pass. Denise [IMG]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p300/DeeKaySss/SillyThingsToDo.gif[/IMG] This is exactly what going back to smoking is like. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 78 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36

Reading this thread: