Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Ahhhgggg! I'm Struggling

17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan :) I use CSI as well as one of my coping tools! Where I am CSI airs on Thursday nights :) Phil - Crime Scene Investigations - It's a great show! Crime solving techniques.. like putting a puzzle together after a crime has been committed. It seems like you are feeling better.. You are one strong cookie! MMMMMmmmmmmm..cookies.. want one now! LOL! Take good care sweetie, here for you! Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 545 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $243 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ohhh Jan, Going through my own demons right now etc.. far be it for me to give you advice.. But with all of my heart I know that you have the strength and the courage to get through it. You are a fighter and have given so much support as of late and you'll get through this ! Sure hope you enjoyed your movie last night :) I didn't have the patience to even look through my collection of movies and just clicked on the t.v. and "The Rock" was on so I watched that. Hmmmm... the ROCK.. Really when you think of it that's what we all are ! We are rocks of courage and resolve. We are stronger than the nicodemon... :) Take good care hon .. I'm here for you. Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 525 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $234 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan, 11 days is fantastic. Don't let the addiction have them all back! One minute at a time if you need to, just keep keep on walking down the road to freedom with the rest of us. You have a lot to protect. QM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 831 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $164 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 132 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan, hang in there sweetie. I once timed my craving and it lasted only 45 seconds....it did seem much longer though! The important thing is to not allow the craving to turn into an obsession since that's when the real trouble can happen. Hang in there and hope that you enjoyed your movie. Love, Carole [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,714 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $544 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan - I just came the closest I have ever been since Day 3....Had a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge battle with hubby on the way home from a weekend away. Complete silence for 2 hours!!! Ready to tear my hair out. Had a glass of wine.......didn't work.........Green tea..........didn't work...........Nutty buddy.............didn't work! (He's refusing to use the new pillows I bought because he likes the flat dirty ones that were on the couch before) However, watching my kitten chase her brand new laser light around did distract me long enough and actually make me laugh.............so I WILL make it through another day. And that's what we do sometimes right??? One day at a time. Hope you are okay today! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 76 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,538 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $380 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks guys, and yes, I have to say its a bit better. Yesterday wasn't quite so trying, except when I got snappy with the family. Goes with the territory. I find weekdays easier than weekends. Any way, got the TV all ready for CSI tonight. that show has been one of my best coping techniques! So yeah, trudgin' along, step by step! Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 396 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $117 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have to say I haven't been too bad - until now. And no way was I getting cocky because I knew the ND could strike at any time. And he did - brought the hammer down HARD!!!! But I'll be OK (I think). Its tough but I'll ride this out. Right now I crave a cig sooo bad I can almost taste it. Pretty bad, eh? After this post I'm going to make a cup of tea and watch a movie. I'm hanging in there. Just wanted to vent. Have a good night! Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 355 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $99 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan babe I dont do weekends and missed this Are you ok? Phil xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 111 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,335 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �582.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
What is CSI? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 111 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,335 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �582.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
Love a cookie! Thx me xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 111 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,338 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �582.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56

Reading this thread: