Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Arghh!!!

17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I like what Marie said - stay focused on your own quit. You have to do it for yourself and no one else. Watch out for resentment - that is the worst thing an addict can do - it opens us up for the addiction's trickery to take hold. Keep posting. Your example of quitting, once you're successful, may well be your husband's inspiration to quit. QM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 76 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there! Feels good to get it off your chest, doesn't it?? TEr724 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 326 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh...and my advice is to be just as cranky as you want to be.......post all you want....vent...vent some more. I had suggested that perhaps we could have hubby trades since they all seem to peeve us off at some point during our quit...but apparently we can't do that. (I'm not sure why....it has something to do with expiry dates...you will have to ask Gonna) The first week is hard and you are supposed to be cranky! Good for you on 5 successful days...it does get better..honest! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 778 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $190 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I missed this one somehow Penguin!!! Keep going ..... Who is the silly sod ? Not you! When and if he is ready he will do it if not he won't!! I have backed off from helping a couple of people because they just dont really want to quit yet. when they do I will be there! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 75 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,507 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �393.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pingouin, you're responsible for your quit only, your husband is not ready to commit, give him time. Concentrate on yourself, reward yourself and protect your quit. One day at a time :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 129 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,944 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $516 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pengouin, vent all you want, it sure helps and that's what we're here for, to listen. One thing though, you're responsible for your own quit and no one else's, concentrate on you right now and protect your quit with all your might. Your hubby is just not ready and when he is, he will commit. Take care of yourself tonight relax in a soothing bubble bath, have a nice cup of tea ,light a scented candle, do what will help you the most, but don't smoke.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 128 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,932 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $512 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Penguin, Way to go on 5 days!!! I've been gone for almost a week... and running this morning but I seen your post and had to respond to it. Yep, it's the same as last time... but this time your smarter. You know how to deal with it. (Remember, my wife smokes and has no intention of quitting.) And you did 107 days last time girl! YOU KNOW HOW TO DO IT!!! Get through hell week... it'll get better. Take care my friend, N.O.P.E. Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 225 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,887 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1518.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 235 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there Penguin. The first week really is the roughest. 4 days quit is fantastic!! Utilize the tools in your Glove Compartment and stay close to the website. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 365 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,318 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1241 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Penquin, Keep screaming at that junkie! This quit is about YOU. Ignore hubby. Be the example. We all know that smoking cigars is still smoking. He knows it too. It's the junkie not him. One step at a time. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 476 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,528 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1666 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was having a major crave, now I'm just plain mad!! When I leave work is alway a difficult time for me and the junkie and I were having a conversation on the way home. I won the fight, but then.... When I get home I realize that my husband (having just arrived home is now playing his usual quit smoking game) just had a cigar outside and man does it STINK!!!!! He did the same thing last time (we) quit. I quit, he starts smoking cigars, and then Doesn't quit. I would truly like to seem him quit, but right now I just want to see him try and suffer withdrawls while someone else (me) keeps sneakin outside to have a smoke. See if he keeps a cheery disposition like I have for 5 days.....UNTIL NOW. &%(#(($#(#)s!!!!! (You know what I mean!) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 119 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $46 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$330,386.85

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6026 Hours: 15

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 59

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: