Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Getting Tired!

17 years ago 0 99 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey windy!! I know how you feel. I have no energy and I feel like a child that can't have her favorite toy. I really sympathize with you. But you've come this far and that is great! I cannot believe i'm on the 19th day i think? wow! who would have thought we could be non-smokers? lol Hang in there girl, hopefully it will get easier for both of us.
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for support and advice. Actually it's not so much about changing what I do in my own time (I have started to go to gym more, watch t.v. in bed, post, read, go to smoke-free places, etc.) I think I was referring to those triggers that are part of every day life (the triggers that we can't change like eating lunch, dealing with stress at work, etc.) Short of quitting my job and moving to a new country, I have to learn how to deal with these triggers because they are part of my life. I can deal with them....I have my bottled water, cinnamon gum, sour candies and green tea. I deep breathe. All of these things help and eventually the crave goes away. I think many of you hit it on the head....I forget to look at how far I've come. I need to remember to reward myself and to take care of myself when I am "tired". Just another phase in the journey.......... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 530 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $130 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
Well....I'm heading towards my 4 week mark but I have to admit I am getting soooooo tired. Cravings are not nearly as bad as that first week, but they are still there (every day). I feel like I am so tired of wanting something that I can't have. I don't even think it is the actual cigarette I am missing....it's just that there are so many triggers...and I feel like I want/need something. Today, I felt a trigger in early afternoon (this was common before I stopped smoking), for a minute started telling myself I could have a smoke later (oops...that's what I used to do). It's not like I want the cigarette, it's not even like I want the nicotine....but I think it's that constant feeling of wanting something and not getting it....seems to wearing me down. Still quitting...just tired... Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 518 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $125 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
Thanks Hope, 4 and Lady Coming to this site really does help. Realizing that having a busy week might have contributed to my doldrums and that maybe I AM just TIRED. I also sometimes forget how lucky I am to have so many good things in my life. It's a wake me up call when I see the challenges that other people have to deal with. It's always so good to have people like you at SCC when I'm on the down part of the roller coaster....I think it's about time that I worked my way up! Thanks all! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 518 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $125 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
Thanks also Grace, Deli and August. August, you have got it right.....it is like a constant tap tap tapping that wears you down. Went to bed early last night so feel abit more energized today. Thanksgiving dinner at my parents today so will check in when we get back. Thanks all...it's so great to have all of this support...it really DOES help to get through the rough patches. You guys are awesome! Windy P.S. Lady....sent you an e-mail [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 548 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $135 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
Thanks Lady, 4, No More, Fish, Josie, Danielle, Hope...and...oh yeah..Gonna! Well...going back into survival mode tonight....hopping into bed early with my blankets, pillows and my remote control. Going to wake up to peppermints and planning on rewarding myself with some of Ducky's tea. Planning on taking up a new hobby which involves firemen with hairy legs.... See you all tomorrow. Still smoke free in Canada [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 538 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $130 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
...."It's not like I want the cigarette, it's not even like I want the nicotine....but I think it's that constant feeling of wanting something and not getting it....seems to wearing me down. ".... ..... :) I know how you feel, Wendy! Even after 7 weeks, I feel the same nearly everyday! :) But the duration and intensity decrease ... Hang in there! This too will pass! Oneday at a time! :) Cheers, nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 430 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $210 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Windy, I remember feeling exactly the same way as you about this time in my quit. We all expect this to be 'over' by the time we have reached a month. We expect to be feeling 'normal' again. But, we must be patient with ourselves and not expect too much too soon. I needed to remind myself of my rewards, particularly at this time in the quit. Spoil yourself. Take some time for yourself. Do something nice. Hope you are feeling better soon. Keep going. You're doing really well. Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,024 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �204 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy First off congrats on 26 days that is awsome. Lots of great advise on here. It does get better. Are you getting rest, taking time for yourself? That is important as well as rewards. You are doing well. I understand all to well about everyday triggers. My hubby smokes, so I have had to learn just how to be around him. I am to the point that I can go outside w/him now. It has taken pratice, and perservance. You can do it... Best wishes Grace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,213 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy Yes keep healing us, please. I was thinking about the thought of smoking today as wife and I do our 1 hour hike. Not short of breath and loads of energy as I approach age 56. I need to see my quit meter because I haven't a clue any more so I may show. I love my loife! Age 55 going on 40! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 259 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,898 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1359.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 48 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21

Reading this thread: