Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

starting to slide down that slope...

18 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you everyone for your encouragement & support. I'm still not sure how I'll get through tonight - but I'll give it my all. If I wasn't so sick, I could exercise or do some distracting activity. But, my head is so congested & I feel so fatigued,etc. that I can't do anything. Idle time is not my friend right now! Anyway, I'm not giving up the fight! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 216 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,325.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5540 Hours: 10

Minutes: 20 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm on DAy #8. I made it through the weekend - a huge accomplishment for me! It was really difficult. I had outings with friends/family planned, arts & crafts projects to do, etc. However, I was sick as a dog all weekend (odd exression...do dogs get really sick?) and couldn't do anything. Sinuses all stuffed up, sore throat, fatigue but inability to sleep, etc. So, I had 2 days of lying in my apartment with no good distractions. By the way, being sick never stopped me from smoking in the past, so it didn't help my cravings. Everyone had told me that after a few days smoke-free I'd start experiencing some amazing things such as: improved sense of taste & smell, fuller breathing, increased energy, etc. But due to this cold - I don't have any of these things. So, there seems to be less positive reinforcment; and more chance for my addict voice to tell me that everything has gone done hill since I quit. And - I'm fighting intense ideas/plans about relapsing when I get home from work tonight. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 211 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,325.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5540 Hours: 10

Minutes: 20 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Come on, Struggling...DON'T do it!!! N.O.P.E. Believe me....I'm struggling too. We both went through Hell week. This second week doesn't seem a whole lot easier (but it is). I quit once for 13 months and gave in like a dummy. To know I will never pick one up again is really bittersweet. I just know that I can't...or I will be doomed. Soooooo....please tie a knot at the end of the rope and hold on! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 250 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
  • Quit Meter

$272,478.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6103 Hours: 10

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Struggling, Look at my meter. I felt like absolute garbage and just had to grin & bear it, you'll get through this. You will feel worse before you feel better, It's not magic. It's very important to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day, you will be sick of it, but it will get the toxins out!!!!! I am on day 16 and still drinking water like a horse. Yep, I'm bloated my throat is a little sore, but I am NOT under any circumstances going to light a cigarette and give back to the nicodemon what is so definitely MINE! Protect your quit, you have endured the worst portion of this thing. The road starts to tilt up and the sun starts to shine on your face.... Get out and let some steam off. HANGIN IN NOT GIVIN IN, CobenFan (Christine M) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 281 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
18 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Struggling - What about going to bed... Sleep is so important in this part of your Quit, and you aren't feeling well. Turn on some music or the TV (low) and just drift off and heal... You can do this. Blessings, Love and Light- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,283 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $167.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
18 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Struggling - I too felt like poo after the first week - I got totally sick! It was just all those nasty toxins that hold on to the nicotine in our systems flushing out. It got better (I promise) and my doctor said to drink tons of water but squeeze some lemon juice in it. She said that would speed up the process - and to get a massage! So you have my permission to go get a relaxing, releasing massage!!! LOL! Let us know how you are doing! Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 195 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$1,702,987.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5859 Hours: 20

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Struggling. Day 8, WOW what else can I say!!! I don't think I could give up 8 days with all that craving, crying, screaming, punching things, eating and angry at myself... NOT ME, NO NOT ME!! You are probably home by now, I hope you and your quit is safe. You know what a child don't like to hear the word NO, and when it comes to the nicodemon, he hates the word NO. We all know the meaning of the word NO, right!!!! I think it was Shevie that said the same thing. I know that you can do this but it will be the hardest thing that you have ever done. Struggling, just keep saying: I CAN, I CAN, I CAN!!!! :) Blessings and love sent you way, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,594 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $325.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$229,903.31

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6396 Hours: 0

Minutes: 43 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Struggling, I know how you feel!!! When I first quit, I kept getting sick... one cold after another after another! I thought, "if this is what quitting is like, then I don't want any part of it!!!" BUT, it does get better and you'll be SO happy that you stuck it out! Just come up with a list of things you will do... watch a movie, sleep, etc... I hope you feel better soon. Here are some balloons to cheer you up! :) Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 164 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,119 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $677.32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Struggling, sometimes you just have to clamp down on yourself and say [b]"NO!"[/b]. If you don't want to slip or relapse, just say [b]"NO!"[/b]. Just do not obtain tobacco, do not put it in your mouth. If you refuse to do either one of those two things, you will save your quit. So what if one or two nights are misery? Been there, done that, survived. You will, too, Struggling. Focus on the moment. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 322 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,454 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1223.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 60 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
18 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Struggling, why would you want to throw away those eight days? Did you ever think that you would be able to NOT SMOKE more than 200 cigarettes? You got through those days not smoking those cigarettes because you chose to. You have it in you...you've proven that. Don't let the addiction control your life again. You did for eight days...you can do it for one more and then one more and then.... You can create your own positive reinforcement. Perhaps as simple as...your cold could have been a LOT worse had you been pumping all those chemicals into your body at the same time. Hang in there! Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 483 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,537 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1690.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 66 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
  • Quit Meter

$54,797.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 647 Hours: 3

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: