Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Now I've gone and done it

15 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds like you've got your perspective back!! Have fun shopping, enjoy your pedi, and cry at your baby's wedding... one step at a time :-) HG [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/14/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 450 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $85.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
15 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey Groovey-gal!! Now you're gettin' it!!! Glad you're seeing the light!! Way to go!!! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,425 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $235.13 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$44,257.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 7

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 901 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i love that attitude ! grooveywoman is back with avengance ! you will look outstanding , our skin texture and color does improve from not smoking. enjoy your little girl's wedding. i have 2 daughters , they may grow old but their always our little girls. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/12/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,500 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $450.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
YEAH way to go ...... you sure do have it right.. enjoy.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,377 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $275.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
16 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
GOOD FOR YOU. ENJOY YOUR TREAT [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/29/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 40 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
16 years ago 0 1107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Grooveywoman!!! You're not smoking, right? Guess what? You're doing whatever it takes. That seems to me that you've got a grip on what's important. Congratulations!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 186 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,171.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 70 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've read through all you comments and thank you so much. Astrofan you are right on, its just what I needed to hear (read?). I'm gonna take things one at a time after I go shopping! I've spent so much time worrying and stressing I'm pretty much over it-I've had ENOUGH! I even made an appointment for a pedicure just because. 80 days right? Thats my treat. I am going to start keeping a better eye on what I eat but number one is my quit. Am I getting this right? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 84 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,520 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $779.94 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on the 80 days.. Your daughter is soo proud of you.. You do have time to drop a few pounds... but there are bigger dress sizes too... So like Jim said enlist your daughter or a friend and hit some sales.. I have been trying to watch my wqeight while quitting.. sometimes. especially is it is something with a lot of calories.. I used the sandwich plate and not the dinner plate. I use a small bowl for snacks.. so I can see what I am eating. A glass of water or cup of soup before you eat also helps to make you feel full. Congrats on the 80 days... You are a winner Bonnie also 80 days (big grin) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $272.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Instead of going down the list and stresses over all of it at the same time, Pick one thing, take care of it. Then go on to the next thing. If you break it down and take care of each thing one at a time you will be less stressed. So you gained some weight, it is not something you can change in the long run, so just accept it find a nice dress and enjoy the wedding. When that is over then think about the surgery. And so on. Only do what you can do today. Don't worry about tomarrow until it gets here, because you know what things could change overnight. Deal with the here and now. Because stress is your number one enemy for many reasons. I was a major stressor until I was told that if I didn't get it under control it could kill me. So take a deep breath and take one thing at a time. Good Luck and enjoy that wedding. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/29/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 20 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
16 years ago 0 901 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i hate to make this comment because i don't think ladie's like to here it but it's true. like jim said , just relax and remember , we tend to stress out about the way folks see us , but the reality is they don't pay really that much attention. if you had lost 100 lbs maybe , if you had gained 100 lbs maybe , but 17 lbs is no big deal. just go buy a nice dress or even pant suit and you'll look great. and you'll feel great to not be smoking on such a blessed day. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/12/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,470 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $441.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20

Reading this thread: