Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

ONLY 200 CALORIES OUTSMARTS THE POUNDS!!

16 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can also park you car further away in the parking lot at work (pending safety of course), park farther away at the grocery store. For a lot of little hints try searching the net. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $252.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Excellent post Mercy! Lots of good information here! Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smoking does burn calories, up to 200 a day in a HEAVY smoker. (so those of us who smoked less have less to contend with) Outsmarting the Pounds Although a modest weight gain (5 to 10 pounds) is common, you can take several simple steps not to gain those extra pounds!! To burn an estimated 200 calories used up by smoking,.....walk briskly for 45 minutes or swim laps for 30 minutes each day. OR Eliminate 200 calories of food intake, and you've used up the extra calories from not smoking. What does that translate to? 2 lite beers (220 calories). 20 regular potato chips (220 calories). 4 chocolate sandwich cookies (213 calories). 2 tablespoon of butter (200 calories) 2 oz. of cheddar cheese (220 calories). 1 small order of McDonalds fries (210 calories). 1 hot dog and roll (250 calories). 2 frozen waffles (240 calories). 1/2 cup macaroni and cheese (205 calories). One benefit of quitting is that as your body realizes the benefits of not smoking, your energy levels will increase, and you will begin to feel better physically. With that extra energy you burn calories too. Try not to satisfy the oral fixation of smoking by snacking. Wait to eat until the urge to smoke subsides, so that the smoking activity is not replaced psychologically by eating. Exercise daily. A daily moderate workout not only distracts you from smoking, but also helps reduce tension and stress. Endorphins released in the brain during exercise actually make you feel better. Exercise also increases metabolism, helping you burn more calories. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 118 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $527.46 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45

Reading this thread: