Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

This is pathetic!

6 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bump up for new users. 
Be sure and start reading from the last page. You'll get a few chuckles out of this which is always good for you.  

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,171.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 771 Hours: 4

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, I don't weigh myself and I don't count calories ever, due to a small problem I had with Anorexia when I was younger, but I have been working on the exercise... Here's what my doctor advised... ANY activity which raises your heart rate is good exercise so long as it is for 30 minutes minimum a day... Now that can be brisk walking or running your ass off on an exercise machine... You choose... FOr me I prefer the brisk walking. My way of making sure I have no pennies tempting me to spend them on ciggies is to walk everywhere I want to go... Even if that is the 3 mile hike to and from the city centre to go to the bank (I don't drive and would need cash to pay for the bus) ;p Do any exercise that you feel comfortable with and don't listen to these people who tell you that you MUST do a lot of cardio to lose weight.... Good luck.. Krissie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 54 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �8.68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
"...I'm going to keep my chin up! BOTH of them! " *dies laughing* [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 775 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $182 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow - these people are tough. ROFL You're doing just fine, hon. I happen to think that walking 2 miles a day with COPD is amazing.. keep it up. I know you must be horrified by the weight gain, but I asure you that your metabolism will regulate itself like Shevie said, so please don't stress. Buy some new outfits that are flattering to the new busty figure you have, and just let it go. You're doing everything you can. The only other thing that i could possibly suggest is to drink tons and tons of water. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 754 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $169 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I hear ya,its too weird how we gain but its all good...i just think of it as first things first. The nicotine's GOT to go...then I/WE can concentrate on the FAT. I cracked up when you said you lick the plate to get all the calories...I do the same and that is just too funny the way you put it. Hey there is lots of good advice in these replys...I'm going to have to read it and write them down. well keep up your quit...#1 priority right now...I know the doctor would say the same thing. be good to yourself and love yourself...fat or no fat>>>peace to ya
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ex-Slave: BTW---I love the name! The diet is not working simply because I cheat at every opportunity! I am strong in my quit and I have decided that is where I need to concentrate right now. Next year I will arrange to have gastric bypass surgery if neccessary---I'm joking............I have gained around 20 lbs and gone up a size in my clothes, but to hear me tell it I am grossly obese and that is not true. My body is so..........different............and I don't like it. Ex-slave, my meals are pre-planned. Then I hide somewhere and eat mints, sunflower seeds, potato chips, pretzels, etc... and when confronted---I deny everything and demand proof! :) As long as I am honest with my quit; that's what's important. *sigh* I'll work on the weight, seriously, later on! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...I think I smell pizza :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,540 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $560 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
Okay------------the reason you all have not heard from me is because, get this, I have been VERY busy losing 7 lbs in TWO days!!! My secret?---an absolutely HORRIBLE tummy bug. One of those that you don't know which end to hang over the toilet. Actually, while you sit on the john, you have a trashcan under your chin! Not a recommended weight loss plan, but, DAMN I look good! ;) From the neck down, of course. My eyes have dark baggy rings underneath and I feel so WEAK. I am just now feeling human again! A temporary state of affairs, I am afraid, as I have resumed my voracious food consumption again!!! OH WELL... :blush:
You guys are great and really cheer me up! I am going to eat healthy but I'm not going to become fanatical about it yet. And, as Nascarfan suggested, I'm going to keep my chin up! BOTH of them! :)
As a (slim) smoker, I (admitedly) was one of those smart-aleck people that inwardly made fun of fat people. Now I is one :( I have gained 20 lbs., but it certainly looks like more! I was determined that I was not going to gain weight with this quit. I walk 2 mi. a day and exercise. I am painfully aware of my daily caloric intake. With any other addiction abstinance is required---how can you do that with food? My dinner consisted of a 260 calorie Lean Cuisine (I took my little plastic tray into the other room so I could lick all the crevices clean---by golly, I wanted my FULL 260 calories!!!) My body has changed like never before. From someone that has had five kids, that is saying a lot. I may have had stretch marks that you could fall into and get lost, but atleast I wasn't [i]FAT[/i]!! How do people SURVIVE on 1000-1500 calories? I need a fairy godmother with a magic wand to turn me slim again (Oh, but could I keep the bigger hooters, please?) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,392 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $536 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
Okay, here is my typical day: B: Cottage cheese and a tomato (150 cal) S: Carrots and/or celery L: 200 to 300 calorie Healthy Choice or Lean Cuisine S: Lots and lots of sunflower seeds (about 250 cal) D: Another 200-300 calorie meal S: popcorn; apple; etc... Cardio is out for now (COPD), but I will work up to it. I walk a mile at lunch and a mile after dinner. In the mornings before work I swim as many laps as possible in our pool. Depends on a lot of things. Anyway...I just seem to be packing it on, despite the effort!

Reading this thread: