Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

I can't avoid this topic for ever........

18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Charlie Girl: Congratulations on your 90+ days of success. How Awesome! If you ease into monitoring your food and adding a walk to your day, it will get easier and you will look forward to it. I try not to think too much about what I eat in an obsessive manner, but concentrate more on what I an do to burn calories. Wash some floors, walk the dog (believe me, my dog is really getting into shape too, I think she hates me not smoking! LOL) I also got lucky and my dad gave me his old treadmill, so will get on that for 20 minutes when I can. Have enough energy left to do stuff after quiting is not always easy. Some days I feel like I don't want to do anything, but the exercising will give you more energy. Don't forget to take your vitamins and drink your water, it makes you feel full all the time! Take care, Hangin In, Not Givin In -- CobenFan (Christine M) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 316 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
18 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I there I'm new here to the chat room but I'm here to help other like I have been doing now for about 1 yr. About 4 months ago I decied to quit smoking but I did not want to because I would gain alot of weight so I didn't and then I can across weight loss products and I was sceptical but I tried it and within 1 week I lost 6lbs I was excited so I continued and in 2 months I had lost 22lbs and 16 inches off my body. I was then happy to be rid of the weight so I decied to quit smoking and I have been free from snaking cravings and weight gain. So all I can say to you is that there is a way to lose weight and keep it off if you want to you can do anything you put your mind to. And the good thing about them is I did not exercise and the weight still came off me, check it out they work. With the snacking all I did was keep myself busy (I know that sounds easy) but I taught myself how to crotchet and I did paint by numbers (it's for kids but it is fun to paint) and then I gave them away as gifts. I think what ever works stick with it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 503 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $232.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Charlie My success story for what it is. When I quit this time I had been swimming 3 days a week one to one and a half hours per day for two weeks. I wanted to get into the swim of things! After quitting for a few weeks I upped the swim to five days! I have not lost any weight (if I have very little), I have lost two inches of my waist, my upper body is bigger and I am loosing flab every day! (there is also a lot of cellulite missing on my backside - no more little ripples and ughy bumps, and my belly is not rolling over my jeans) Way too much info! I am much more aware of what I eat, I don't want to get to the pool and sink from the table that I consummed and I am simply careful of what I eat. Increase output (workouts, walking, running swimming) Decrease input (particularly fars and sugars/carbs) AND Check with your doctor or healthcare provider they are often a great source of help and guidance. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,669 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $622.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
18 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I told myself I would not worry about the weight thing and I haven't too much up until now. I have gone up one whole pant size!! I have over indulged for long enough. (and I mean overindulged) I think this is the heaviest I have been since I was pregnant with my son!! I told myself I would start a diet at the 3 month mark! That was 3 days ago and I'm still waiting for the will power to kick in. I need a few words of encouragement guy,gals, anyone? I know what I should be doing it's just getting off the couch.......... I'd love to hear some success stories if anyone has any....... charlie girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 561 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $186 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
18 years ago 0 128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Charlie girl, we both have the same quit date. Congrat's on 93 days. The weight thing was really getting to me a few weeks ago so I started the walking program, now I have a new addiction. I love it. I was never able to walk for very long periods, and if I did then it was at a slow pace so that I could breath. Now I speed walk and do about 5 miles a day. I stoped my weight gain by doing this I do believe. I put on 10 and have stayed there, even with the fact that I think food taste REALLY REALLY good now. I haven't learned to control the amount I am to eat which seems to be the one thing to do if you really want to lose weight. I'll get there, right now I'm enjoying the excercising and breathing deeply. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,874 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $465 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
18 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been smoke free since Jan. 07 2006 and it is tempting to hit the fridge. I just get on that scale about every second or third day and if it is up I do without just one thing that day. I have gained 3 and a half pounds since I quit but I figure if I can have the strength to stay away from a drug I'm addicted to (cigarettes) I can stay away from food too. Good luck, I know that weight gain will send me rushing to the store for a pack of smokes because I would rather be dead than fat but you can do this. Keep in touch because I need your help too. Like I said, if the scale starts to climb, I know I'll smoke. I have a husband that can't stand fat so I have to be thin, I'll smoke if I gain weight. Let's keep the support going. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,446 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $960.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
18 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Betty Boop~ Would you mind telling me what it was that you used for the weight loss??? I am to the point where I will try just about anything!!! I've gained 20 lbs in 3 months and I work out every morning and nothing yet. I need a boost so to speak! Thanks so much! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 107 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,614 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $449.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When i quit this time, I simultaneously started a food journal and exercise program. I've been eating a vegetable rich, low fat/high protein/moderate carb diet, drinking@100 oz. of water a day, and completely cut out soda and processed sugars. I know that seems like a lot, but keeping track of that has really kept my mind occupied and the cravings at bay. For exercise I walk 30-45 minutes a morning, pushing my son in his stroller.In the evening, I do 30 minutes of moderate strength training. So far I have dropped from 210lbs. down to 195lbs. I'd also suggest that if you'd like a loot of help and support on weight loss to visit sparkpeople.com It's free and they can provide you with a meal planner and exercise routine to help you acheive HEALTHY weightloss and eating habits. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 268 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
18 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
charlie girl, I think that if you apply the same principles that got you this far in your quit to your eating you'll do great. Just look at your stats! GOOD JOB! Colleen :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,290 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $599.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
  • Quit Meter

$59,039.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6643 Hours: 9

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow! It's been a long time since I've been here, but tonight I was drawn. Maybe because my one year is coming up...it feels so nice! I am 4 pounds from reaching my "smoking weight". I have lost almost 20 pounds, and then I am going to keep going for twenty more to be non-smoking AND at a perfect weight for me!! You know, reality is, in my book, if we can quit smoking, we can do ANYTHING!!! It just has to be the right time, when we, body and soul, are truly ready, with no game plans. Metabolism changes drastically (or at least it did for me)when your body is suppressed by nicotine for years and then it isn't. It wasn't ALL about shoving food in my mouth! After about 6 months I found that I was finally starting to lose weight. I then joined Curves and am trying to be more disciplined about what I put in my mouth. Good luck to everyone! xo N.O.P.E.!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/27/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 318 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,971 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1431 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5

Reading this thread: