Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,509 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

Cravings increasing over time?

9 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When I spoke with my doctor to plan my quit he said no nicotine he said try chantix nicotine is what keeps you addiction going the physical part is only half than is the mental.
9 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
get the nicotine out of your body. period. stop using gum, patches, lozenges, everything!=== really. the longer you prolong your quit, the longer your quit! good luck really!
9 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tirtzah,

Cravings can occur at any point during a quit. The three month mark can be a tough point for people quitting smoking. There are many tips in the forums you can look up using the search tool. Thanks Timbo for bumping! Also, be sure to read through the program. You might also want to talk to your doctor about Chantix or Champix these medications can sometimes help the quit process.

Whatever you do be sure to keep us updated!

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tirtzah,
 I bumped up an old thread in the coping with cravings forum. It might have an answer you are looking for. If not, do a search for cravings and hopefully something will pop up you could use. I really don't have an answer for you on this issue. Whatever you do, don't give in to the cravings. Take a walk, go shopping, take a nap, do whatever it takes just don't give in. I know you are stronger than the urge, at least I hope you are. If you can go for 3 months, you can do this forever. Be stronger than the craving my friend and take back control of YOUR life. 
Stay strong and remember, N.O.P.E.! 
  • Quit Meter

$23,195.70

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 771 Hours: 19

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

9 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I could use advice and input. This is my third long-term quit in the last three years. I have quit for up to five months. I have quit both cold turkey and using patches/gum. Each time I quit I do fine until after three months. Then, my cravings get worse and worse until I start smoking again. This time I'm at 108 days and my cravings have been steadily increasing over the last week even though I'm still chewing 8-9 pieces of nicotine gum a day!

Has anyone ever experience this or heard of it??? And if so, what was successful?

Reading this thread: