Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,511 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

It's me just me (and you all of course)

15 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We're all with you happy........Keep the quit

huggggg
Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 24
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 720
Amount Saved: $100.80
Life Gained:
Days: 5 Hrs: 1 Mins: 48 Seconds: 0

15 years ago 0 67 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Tennielle - You are obviously trying so hard so you have the will to go all the way.  I think Lainey is on to something with trying step 2, and if that is too strong try step 3.  At least it would give you some help.  I quit with the patch myself and cut them down a little between each step.  After I had been on step 3 for 3 or 4 weeks, I cut them in half so that it would not leave me hanging.  My doctor was in total agreement as he says there should be at least 1 more step down past 7 mg.  I know that some people say not to cut them but we were told at our stop smoking seminar through the health clinic that it was completely safe to do so.  You could check it out yourself.  I just know that it worked for me and it just might make the difference for you.  Good luck.  Jo

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/26/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 116
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,320
Amount Saved: $417.60
Life Gained:
Days: 15 Hrs: 12 Mins: 36 Seconds: 25

15 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Before you give up, did you try a weaker step down of the patch? (Step 2?) If not, it might be worth a try. Or if that is not an option, then now is when you get out that arsenal of quit tools. Cold water in the frig, candy, gum, suckers, licorice, straws to suck on, gum, a list of things to do, a list of favorite inspiring SSC posts, rearrange your usual smoking area tonight so that in the morning you can change up your routine! Let these things be your safety net. It takes a bit of work but is so very well worth the effort.
Lots of quitters have done it cold turkey. You can too. Go through your program again. Why do you want to quit? See the theme here. Remember three days and all the drugs will be out of your system.
Spend as much time here reading and posting as you can. Get it done girl, you know you can!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 717
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 17,925
Amount Saved: $7,564.35
Life Gained:
Days: 94 Hrs: 23 Mins: 36 Seconds: 51

15 years ago 0 355 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tennielle - vent all you need.  You can do this.  You say that you haven't had success in relying on yourself alone.  I say maybe it's your time to turn that around.  That's said with total respect because I've been in your shoes.  Each day, each minute you will get stronger and better at it.  It just takes practice.  Post every day here, every hour, every minute if you have to.
Rooting for you girl!
Angie

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 51
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 612
Amount Saved: $269.28
Life Gained:
Days: 4 Hrs: 15 Mins: 10 Seconds: 21

15 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy, I'm glad you feel comfortable enough to vent and get things off your chest!  Take it one day at a time.  You are smoke free today.  When you wake up tomorrow at 6am and blurry eyed, tell yourself that you will smoke free again.  If you get an urge to smoke at 6 am, log into SSC, post, and wait for 5 responses.  By the time you get 5 responses the urge will be gone!  We're all here for you, rooting for your success!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 183
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,320
Amount Saved: $1,464.00
Life Gained:
Days: 27 Hrs: 10 Mins: 2 Seconds: 29

15 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Here I am again hanging by a thread.  I swapped out my old patch from yesterday and within and hour I felt woozy and sick and frankly down right nauseous.  I had to take it off.  It took a couple hours for my head to stop spinning and my heart to stop racing.

Now I'm frustrated.  Why in the world do NRTs and other non-smoking drugs (like Chantix) make me feel so down right ill and smoking 20cigs a day don't?  It makes absolutely no sense.

What scares me the most of all is now I have no safety net.  It's me and me alone on the high wire and well I'm a bit of klutz here.  I know I got you guys and I'm so grateful for that.  At the same time relying on myself alone is not something I have great practice in.  At least not successfully. 

I don't want to smoke.  At this moment my mind is still made up, but tomorrow may be a different story at 6am and blurry eyed....Oh well guess perhaps this is the lesson I got to learn most of all.  Only I can change my life...why wait...it would have been nice to have a crutch though. 

I'm still quit, but I had to get this off my chest.  "whew" thanks.

Tennielle

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 2/18/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 1
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 20
Amount Saved: $3.85
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 3 Mins: 36 Seconds: 20

Reading this thread: