Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

I've had a horrible day

15 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lola you're doing good. Enjoy you're rewards. Be kind to yourself. breather 79 Addict 0
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/11/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 79
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,950
Amount Saved: $1,896.00
Life Gained:
Days: 14 Hrs: 15 Mins: 0 Seconds: 5

15 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tomorrow is alwasy a better day! Go to bed early and let the bad one be done! Just keep saying NOPE!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 696
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 17,400
Amount Saved: $7,342.80
Life Gained:
Days: 92 Hrs: 3 Mins: 28 Seconds: 36

15 years ago 0 303 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Awesome Lola!  It's not the easiest thing you'll ever do but it will definately be the most rewarding.

Mr Q

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/4/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 178
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,272
Amount Saved: $1,335.00
Life Gained:
Days: 19 Hrs: 21 Mins: 1 Seconds: 40

• Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 355 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lola - you're doing great!  Hang in there!  Thinking of you!
Angie

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 30
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 360
Amount Saved: $158.40
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 16 Mins: 34 Seconds: 17

15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
lola,

Although this quit may not be easy, we are here for you every step of the way!

Please let us know if you have any questions about your quit or if there is anything else we can do for you here.

Sarah, Health Educator
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey L-O-L-A, Lola!!!

I always liked that song...  but I digress!!!  Congratulations on getting through a really rough spot in the journey and for nearly 3 weeks as a NON-SMOKER!!!  Hopefully the rough spots will diminish and you will become stronger each passing day!!! 

Try to keep a Positive Mental Attitude throughout the process.  Keep telling yourself that you CAN do this and that NOTHING is going to stop you from achieving your goals!!!  The more you put a positive spin on your thought processes and your actions the easier it will become and the happier you will be!!!

Stick close and read as much as you can about this addiction, for knowledge is power!  This additional power will also make it easier to resist cravings, as well as assist you with your well being!!

Keep up the great quit, Lola!!      

You're  doing  great!!!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 329
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 8,225
Amount Saved: $1,357.13
Life Gained:
Days: 56 Hrs: 18 Mins: 24 Seconds: 47

• Quit Meter

$44,385.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1062 Hours: 6

Minutes: 32 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thankyou again,

I feel blessed to have such a wonderful network of support. I think I have avoided my feelings by smoking and now that I am not smoking they are coming back, but they are all out of proportion.

Normally I don't really care what other people think or say, it doesn't affect me too much, but the nicodemon was there making it bigger and worse than it really was. It was making a mountain out of a molehill.

I'm glad I got through it, but couldn't have done it without all of you.

I know it is not going to be easy, but I'm not going to smoke.

N.O.P.E.

Luv lola
xxx

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/10/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 18
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 360
Amount Saved: �95.40
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 16 Mins: 31 Seconds: 57

15 years ago 0 597 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lola.  Hope you have a better day today.  Sounds like you are doing great.  Take some time before you make any big decisions about the job...I understand how you feel.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/22/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 98
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,920
Amount Saved: $784.00
Life Gained:
Days: 11 Hrs: 2 Mins: 11 Seconds: 24

• Quit Meter

$52,510.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 742 Hours: 17

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lola Lola we love ya.  Don't worry about what others say just worry about what you think of yourself.  I can tell that your are a sweet caring lady.  And you have shown strength by not smoking for 17 days that is amazing and is very very hard.  The demon does alot to our thinking.   I have read alot of older post about the dreams they pass.  I have had a time where sleeping was a problem also.  It to will pass.

I have found that no matter where one works there are good people and not so good or nice people and sometimes people may say things they don't even know hurts someone.  I just let those things pass.  Look into yourself and think I am a strong person,  I am a caring person and let it pass.  Just give them a smile and say you know that really bothered me. Don't let things like that eat at you confront it like you do the demon but with a smile.  Believe me smiling people have an affect on others and spreads.  You did handle it with strength you didn't give into the demon.  You go girl.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/14/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 14
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 574
Amount Saved: $114.80
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 15 Mins: 28 Seconds: 17

15 years ago 0 303 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lola,

You are doing great Lola.  It looks like your right on track and progressing into the exhaustion stages.  After two or three weeks you will get tired of the battle and are impatiently waiting for the day that you might wake up and feel normal.  At this time you will probably feel like everything that's going on is a result of you not smoking.  You've got that devil on the shoulder whispering in your ear "C'mon, just buy a pack have one and throw the rest away."  "You've had a hard day and no one has to know."  I know it's hard but this is the time that you need to keep your guard up the most.  If you think your exhausted now just wait until you give in one time.  This will pass but it's really tough and you need to ignore that little devil on the shoulder because he's just trying to survive.  You will pull through and this feeling will go away.  Keep a few things in mind.

Smoking won't help your situation - I'm sure you already know this but it's worth a repeat I think.  We say that smoking helps us relax, concentrate, handle stress, eliminate stress, enhance a good moment, enhance a good meal, reduce fear.  Any drug that cures everything doesn't cure anything.  The addiction makes us believe that what we are addicted to is the cure.  You know a person that chews tobacco feels that it solves the problems above too.  So would a herion addict.  Think about it.

Sleeping patterns go all out of whack when you quit; however, some times it's a good thing.  I am not a morning person but I was amazed that I was going to bed at 12:30 every night and waking up at 5:30 when I quit.  I knew I wasn't getting enough sleep but I felt great when I woke up and it lasted until I went to bed.  I read up on it to find out if I was losing my mind and found out that the carbon dioxide in my blood was being replaced with oxygen.  I was getting more oxygen so I was getting all the sleep I needed in less time.  Unfortunately, and this really is a shame, this stage doesn't last either. After a month or two I was back to dragging myself out of bed.  Although it is still easier than it was and I don't feel that feeling in my chest in the morning like someone had dumped a bucket of tar on my lungs.

Lastly, I don't know your work situation so I can't offer advice but I can say this.  The emotional state of a new ex smoker can be pretty crazy at least it was in my case.  Whether you quit your job or not is no ones business but your own but take the time to carefully weigh all the variables to make sure your making a decision that's in your best interest.  Don't be afraid to voice your opinion.  You can confront someone in a resonable and respectable manner.  You said this person said something that was minor and also said that it may result in you quitting.  Obviously it was not minor to you.  You could tell him/her how you felt about what they said and if they give you a hard time you can make it clear that you didn't want to go over their head without first bringing it to them.  That usually helps shut people up.  Do that one on one though not in front of a crowd.  That said, I don't know the situation, the work environment, etc so take this last comment with a grain of salt.  

You're doing great Lola.  Keep up the great work.

Mr Q

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/4/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 177
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,248
Amount Saved: $1,327.50
Life Gained:
Days: 19 Hrs: 18 Mins: 2 Seconds: 22

• Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter