Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,661 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ, Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA

This Sucks.

16 years ago 0 392 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Den,You can do like I'm going to do in the morning. To detour my morning craves I've been getting up at the butt crack of dawn and walking as long as I can or have time for. It really helps you start the day off right and gets your focus on something positive, not to mention you have time to think to yourself. And I know how you feel about the weight thing. Last year, I quit for 60 days (I know, what the heck happened....trigger hit me out of nowhere :( ) Anyway, As soon as I quit I enrolled in a kickboxing class and went 3 times a week, not to mention, drinking lots of water and eating lightly. I still gained weight, but I'm sure everyone is different. But I'm sure if I had stuck with it both the quit and the exercising, that in time, I would have eventually started losing. But I'm with you sister, it just doesn't seem fair does it? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 25 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Den happy first smokefree weekend, you will do just fine just stay focused on the quit, later on your coffee will even taste better . hang tough and come here when you can for support :) Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1982 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 39,640 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,937.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 283 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
  • Quit Meter

$14,622.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 690 Hours: 16

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Are you using the first 3 steps? How about going to a meeting tomorrow. Makes plans where no smoking is allowed, mall or movies. Not sure where you live, but a nice walk (long walk :eg:) How about sleeping or cleaning out drawers, reorganize your closet. Lots of thing to do, just don't smoke. You will be fine. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 256 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,560 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $384.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Day 5 - 6:38pm Cigarette cravings high tonight. This is my first smoke free weekend. Afraid for tomorrow morning. I always drank lots of coffee and smoked lots Saturday Morning. I know i will help matters by only having my one coffee, kinda afraid of the cravings.Would just like to see or feel some sort of benefit, i think that would help me. I have been eating really healthy for 8 days and smoke free for 5, drinking lots of water and green tea. No weight loss, not even a pound. No benefits yet felt or seen from stopping smoking. I know there are unseen and unfelt benefits but i think it would just give me a boost if i was to feel different or could notice something different. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 60 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
16 years ago 0 46 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It takes time & practice. I read somewhere once that it takes 3 weeks of practice to make a habit. The kicker is, we've practiced the old one for years. I wonder exactly how that plays into the stat?? Try to be patient with yourself & hang in there. You're doing great!!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $279.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
  • Quit Meter

$1,272.12

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5356 Hours: 4

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

OKAY... so on Day Four now. Just about finished. Each day is getting better, just waiting for my mind to think like a non-smoker. I know that will take time and lots of it. I talked to various people at work, those who have quit and stayed quit and those who have quit and are back at it. It helps to get all the perspective i can and know that i am not alone with my feelings (anger, esp.). I just have to keep busy, that is all there is to it. If my mind stays busy on other things, than i do just fine. When it gets on about my quit, then look out - bad attitude!! Thanks for the support, i may not be able to post much, just yet, but i read lots of your inspirations and coping skills. This site is GREAT! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 45 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $17.10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
Glad you got through :) good Job, you can rant and rave here any thime you want , thats why we are all here, take care and stay with the good quit Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1981 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 39,620 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,933.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 283 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

$14,622.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hey Thanks! I am feeling better now. When my mind is "working" properly i can be proud of myself for each day/minute that i pass by a craving. I am happy with what i have done, although sometimes you (or me) wouldn't know that. I haven't even had a single puff although i have had 2 pcs of Nicorette gum in the last two days. But...that is it. So, i thank you all for being patient with my rants and raves and listening to me ramble. We will see what tomorrow brings, good or bad i WILL deal with it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 30 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
Hi Den all normal , you are normal in the quit, try looking forward to the craves and you can play the game of not letting it get to you, BRING IT ON, and deal with it in a game like way, you are doing well, hang tough DONT GIVE IN :) Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1980 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 39,600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,930.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 283 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
  • Quit Meter

$14,622.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Den, Sounds like you need to pamper yourself a bit. How about a nice long shower or hot bath? A good dvd...either a tear jerker or a good comedy. snuggle up with a favorite snack. Drift off to sleep. You're doing this wonderful thing for yourself. Just hang in there a little while longer and it will be so so much better [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 293 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,992.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22

Reading this thread: