Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

This Sucks.

16 years ago 0 149 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bumped for "i choose life [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/6/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 132 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $44.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
i changed my name, and made it through the day (i was adnamasiisamanda) ive done great today. thanks to: anxious theresa smokerella den and many others whose courage and posting are helping me understand. i f(^!$& hate crying.. but i smoked for 14 years and thats a lot of "not crying" ya ya... iknow thanks to me too. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/6/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to see somebody else is crying boy doesn't take much to turn the tears on. But as the days go by it should get easier but it's not. I want them more but am really fighting not to. I really want this but got to figure out how to put them out of my mind. Does anybody else seem to want them more as the time goes on. Anybody have any suggestions.
16 years ago 0 141 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi adnamasiisamanda You're not losing a friend - you're gaining a new cheering section! I've got my pom-poms and I'm rootin' for you every step of the way! Rah, rah, rah on your great decision to quit! Tears seem to be common. I cried me a river until I realized that cigarettes weren't friends but control freaks. Now I'm smiling! Tears are also cleansing/refreshing. Let them flow and away you go! As you can see, my emotions are a wee bit on the high side today! Hehehe! Hey, just call me 'Giddy-Up" Susie! Welcome to SSC! You can do it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/3/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey cassy - Thanks for your post! Only a few more days till you hit that month mark! I guess skittles are better than a cigarette! I just gave up sugar for lent - i am not catholic but i work with other who are and are giving up things so i thought i would jump on the band wagon. On day 2 without sugar and day 32 not smoking! bj - thanks for your congratulations great idea with the cinnamon mints - they are my favorite and i can have them cause they are sugar free - thanks for the suggestion. Hope everyone has another smoke free day! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 558 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $217.62 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
16 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Absolutely no problem!!! anything you need, feel free to just ask for it...we are all here to help! With the frustration, I really do find the deep breathing helpful...chewing on stuff works too (straws, pen caps, stir sticks..whatever)...and with the crying....just let it out!!! crying is a great way to releive stress and you feel great after it...one thing I am learning is don't mask the emotions, that's what cigarettes did, anyone who loves you will understand and support you through it...my poor dad had to endure me yesterday but he loves and respects my decision to quit so he puts my emotional havocs aside and helps me through them. Tea works too....lots of green tea is helping me (it flushes toxins out of ur system...and it helps cut fat from fatty foods..lol..me and peanuts have a new found relationship) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/4/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 48 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15.24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
thanks smokerella... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/6/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
adnamasiisamanda, Try relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing and exercise. Physical activity can also be helpful in expending that extra anxious energy and help regulate emotions. Members, do you have any suggestions? Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Adnamasiisamanda....ok I'm just gonna call you Ad for short...lol...welcome to the wonderful, frustrating world of Hell Week!!! I too am in it (4 days in) Yesterday was my crying over nothing, frustrated day but you know what I made it through and you will too....it will take time but it will get better...I,like you, felt like I was giving up my best friend, cigs were a part of my identity, who I was...now...I miss them but think of it as a bad relationship that was going no where but down...you break up with an ex...they are an ex for a reason, you have strength to break free from that person..think of smokes the same way...A distructive person in ur life that has to go! First day will come and go...take it day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute if need be...just don't smoke! don't give into it! We are all here for you! if you feel like you want to smoke...come on here make a discussion with HELP on it and wait for responses..we'll get you through...post before you smoke! Good luck on your jouney! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/4/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 48 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15.24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
tired, cranky, with random uncontrollabe crying...hmm just gotta get through... i am still on nicotine but i havent smoked in 24hrs... cant wait till my apartment doesnt smell like smoke anymore. i read all the posts with like 900 days smoke free and i cry... i feel like im losing my best freingf the person i could hide behind when i was scared, lonely ,depressed (here come the tears) one week of hell right... then it gets easier? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51

Reading this thread: