Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

I'm really tired and need help

16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Full, You can do this....and it will happen.....when you really want it to happen. It can't be because of "logical reasons". There is a myriad of those to chose from. It HAS to be YOUR reason. "Up close and personal" It is all about you. Your health...your pride....your white teeth....your frears of smoking diseases....your body smelling pretty...your wasting of money....and so on and so forth. Take comfort in the fact...that many, many people quit everyday. Your as smart..determined and WORTHY as they are. It doesn't take anything so very special...other than just saying...NO..over and over again till you don't hear it too often. BASICALLY... it is a matter of getting into it and being glad you did. It isn't easy to quit....but it sure is a fun and exciting journey building a new you. Prepare..and then Go for it. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 142 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,840 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $634.74 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
16 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well said Lainey. Trying to quit smoking when you're not quite ready is just setting yourself up for failure! which in turn compounds the guilt. I spent weeks before I quit, "talking" to myself, telling myself what I hated the most about smoking .. the stink, the cost, the health effects and that ugly gold patina that gets on everything in your house. The proverbial straw the broke the camels back came to me sitting in my car after buying the cheapest carton of ciggs I could find since my brand went up a few dollars. I'd had enough. You are in the right place. When you are truly ready to quit you will know. In the mean time .. try to cut down and quit feeling guilty. Anne [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $26.56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fullhouse, I am going to give you some advice that no one has mentioned here. I see you are stuck, you're spending a fortune buying cigs, having one or two and then feeling guilty and throwing them away! It is hard for you to quit, because you haven't even given yourself permission to smoke, let alone quit! So I am wondering if perhaps you are not just ready yet. Why don 't you give yourself permission to smoke, for say two weeks. Two weeks without throwing them out every day. By then you should be fed up enough or sick enough of them to be ready to come to this side. Do you understand what I am trying to say? I know this isn't what you expect to hear on a quit smoking site, but I understand the catch 22 you have there. You have to go one way or the other, and maybe you have to go thru the bad to get to the good! What do you think? :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 99 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,475 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,044.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
16 years ago 0 519 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WoW in a couple of years, maybe I won't think of them either! What an incentive. Fullhse, I hope you're still out there, still coming back. Still not giving up. I don't know what committment is. If I could, I'd light up right now, one in each hand. I can't. It hurts and I cough to the point of blackout. Those are the only reasons why I stopped and won't start. I know it hasn't healed, or gone away because fresh second hand smoke causes enough irritation to bother me. Wanting to quit for the quit itself has eluded me. The benefit of better overall health has eluded me with a horrible weight gain of 50 pounds. Not wanting to stink is not enough, although I have burned my bridges by making a big deal about the shop being a no smoking environment. Surely the dogs like me a lot better now that I don't smell bad. For now, I have faith, that in two years or so (hopefully less) I will be completely free of cigarettes, then I can worry about being free of the nicorette since I still use tiny pieces. I think it's mostly a psychological crutch now because I cut them into fourths. Not much nic in a quarter of a 2 mg piece. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 136 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,080 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,360.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
16 years ago 0 1073 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
tryagain...it was that thought that got me through the hardest times... the only way to stop the cravings was to not smoke. I just wanted to tell you that it does pay off. I was still thinking of cigarettes on a daily basis at you stage....but I rarely ever desire one now. and when the random thought does occur...it is easily dismissed! fullhse...I hope you are out there still trying to be free. [color=Purple]~lbugg~[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 817 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 45,752 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5,719.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 79 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
  • Quit Meter

$52,515.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 919 Hours: 6

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Try again, I'm impressed by your committment, that's the way I did it. When willpower failed me, stubborness kicked in and a whole lot of DETERMINATION. In the end if you relapse, get right back on the horse again, never quit quitting, it'll happen eventually. Marie one day at a time [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 363 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,171 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,359.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 48 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
16 years ago 0 519 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fullhse, in some twisted way, I think you and I are on the same page. The only difference is, I don't buy a pack then want to maintain the quit and throw the pack away. I don't smoke by strength of will. I don't think you really want to quit. Any craving, no matter how bad, can be gotten through. While the addiction is worse than say, heroin, the withdrawals are in no way the same. You won't get DTs, soaking sweats, or any of the other nasties. You will just have a very strong craving and you can get through it. If all else fails, you can sit there until it passes. I do that quite frequently. I don't want to quit. I want to smoke. I want to smoke probably worse than you do. I just don't. You can simply not smoke, not light that next cigarette. I guarantee you that the cravings will not leave or abate until you start not lighting up and do it seriously. I am disappointed that after 135 days I still want to smoke, but that's the way it is. As long as I continue to say no, I know for sure that someday I won't want to smoke. If I smoked, I know it will never ever go away. Get real. It will help you. The fact is, no matter how we don't want to face it, no one can smoke their way into being a non-smoker. At some point, no matter how bad, how painful, or anything else, you just have to not have that next cigarette. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 135 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,050 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,350.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
16 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You gotta kick the addiction right up the a** cos it's gonna kill you ! i am not joking !!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 891 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 31,185 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5,791.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 127 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
  • Quit Meter

$12,553.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 628 Hours: 0

Minutes: 56 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
fullhse, How are you doing? Please check in and let us know. Do not feel so defeated. Power up! Do not quit quitting. You will get it right. new me [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 384 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
16 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi fullhse, I was wondering how you were doing. I know exactly what you are going through. Only, I have been on this quitting rollercoaster ride for TWO years. It is exhausting, I know. (I was a 30 + year smoker, 1 1/2 packs a day). During the past two years, I have read "The easy way to quit smoking", I have been to numerous websites to read about nicotine addiction, I have used the patch, the gum, the quit smoking shot (twice), nicotine lozenges, hypnotic cd's, the patch again, lozenges again...and on and on and on. There is no magic pill, fullhse. But, this journey of the past two years has prepared me for this quit. I am going to stay smoke free this time. I don't care how I feel. (I have said this many times before, but for some reason, that statement means something to me now). Something has finally clicked in my brain! This past year of struggling for you is preparing you for your final quit. It is up to you to decide when that is going to be. Nothing, but ourselves, will make us quit smoking. As addicts, we have to face the truth about this addiction. In the past two years, the longest that I stayed completely smoke free was 3 months. Then, I would try and limit my number of cigs per day; I would see my use escalating after a few weeks, then i would quit completely again.. and round and round and round. It just keeps us addicted, craving, and in limbo about our quits. We cannot smoke just one, fullhse. You know that. Do what you need to do to get out of this yo yo lifestyle of addiction. You are punishing yourself, as I did. Read, prepare yourself, get positive about the joys of not smoking, being free from this addiction, and then set a NEW quit date. Decide if you are going to us NRT to help you with the withdrawal, or some form of non nicotine aid (wellbutrin, chantix???) Look at my story, fullhse. It is so like yours. We can do this. Soooo much is mental. You either get to the place where smoking is absolutely NOT an option, or you live a constant life of craving, smoking, not smoking, until eventually you are back in the arms of the addiction, full force. It is a life long sentence of declining health, zapped energy, slavery to nicotine, bad breath, stinky clothes and hair, numbed emotions, sucking our income, bad feelings about ourselves, etc, etc, etc. Time is going to pass fullhse, whether we smoke or not. Let the time pass as a non smoker. Before you know it, another year will have gone by and you will be FREE! Let us know your new quit date. Prepare yourself. You can do it..you really can. new me [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $50.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13

Reading this thread: