Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,537 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

There's no way to say this nicely....

16 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
grandma That made me smile. I'd forgotten about that particular side effect of quitting. Gen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 170 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �850.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This problem is much more serious than last time I quit. I am almost afraid to go out in public. It's not a quiet problem either. :gasp: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 336 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
16 years ago 0 541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So quitting smoking may lead to compulsive farting disorder? :quest: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 134 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,350 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $469.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Another fun thread to read and distract your mind from smoking! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 248 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,041.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 357 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Changing, This was not the news I was hoping to hear. I am on day three, consipated and having gassiness (I think that can be a word if we want it to). Just last night I had to pause my treadmill at the gym to make a trip to the bathroom due to this gassiness (that's probably more information than you need but I thought it might make you feel better). Let me know when this eases up or if you find anything that releaves it. I was hoping by day 17 these symptoms would be behind me (no pun intended there). :p I have increased my water intake and my exercise routine too. Best of luck and keep us posted!! Dupe
17 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When we smoke we stimulate our metabolism. That in turn causes our digestive systems to speed up. So after years of that, and then all of a sudden to have the nicotine taken away... the digestive system slows and needs time to adjust. This causes gas build-up (and release, unfortunately), until your body gets used to it's natural rate of metabolism. This happened to me bigtime a few years ago when I quit smoking for 4 months. This time round not so much...so far. :)
17 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OMG - I am so sorry. I just re read your post. I thought you were concerned about the gas, not the constipation. I just woke up so please excuse me. Wish I could help but I am okay in that department. :blush: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 995 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $277.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HELLO......look at your diet. You are eating fiber, a salad, veggies...these all produce gas. Not that this is a bad thing, these are good eating habits. You are gonna fart my friend. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 995 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $277.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yep, I have these peachy symptoms too!! I'm eating a lot more veggies and I know that veggies cause gas. Big time!!! That's a heck of a note. We have to eat more veggies so we won't be constipated and so that we won't gain a ton of weight but then what happens, GAS. Talk about your catch 22. Oh yes, and the sugar free products DO cause gas. Then if you eat too much, the sugar free products have a laxative effect. It says so in tiny print on each product. Yea, tiny print. I can't tell you how much I appreciate that tiny print. Stay Strong!! LOL Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,129 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $89.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HA HA HA HA HA!! Anna, you're right.....this thread is about gas AND constipation. It's sort of like being stuck between a hard place and a rock, isn't it? You eat lots of fiber and veggies to relieve the constipation but then you're farting like a 1200 lb. Gorilla. Hmm, I wonder if Beano would help. Changing, what are you doing this morning? Just fartin' around? LOL Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,142 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $89.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23

Reading this thread: