Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,531 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

3 cigs vs. 20 cigs

17 years ago 0 307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Terri They are absolutely right. I, too, had some strong withdrawal symptoms after quitting my only 4/5 cigs a day. I hope your husband remains happily smoke free. :) Good luck, mitri
  • Quit Meter

$295,204.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 19

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Terri, Sounds like withdrawal to me. No cigs for 3 days? It takes approximately 72 hours for withdrawal to end provided you are NICOTINE FREE I (from experience) had the foggy feeling especially during the 2nd and 3rd days. The rest of the week and the next, I started coughing up phlegm...but some do not experience that. And...Important...Tell your husband if he has been wanting to quit...he has already made it through the worst part...of Hell Week! It should be "almost" a piece of cake now...he just has to work on changing the nightly habit. auntdeb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,688 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $251.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Do you think withdraw symptoms are less intense if you only smoke a few a day. Here's what I am wondering. My husband smokes about 3-5 cigs a night, he doesn't smoke all day. He has had a sinius thing going on, so he has not smoked in 3 days. Today he said his head felt "foggy", when I said because the nicotine is leaving his system, he didn't seem to think so, because he only smokes a few at night. I never asked him to quit, when I quit I did it for me. He has been to the doc and is taking his medicine and it is not anything that would make him "foggy" Do you think he is feeling withdraw symptoms? I don't want to nag or push, but I am hoping like heck he doesn't pick one up after 3 days. Any advice?? Thanks, Terri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 148 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,231 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $526.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
Stormy, I sure do hope so!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 148 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,231 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $526.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
Hey Keith, We keep missing each other. It's 9 pm, close to his smoke time. I am heading out to pick up daughter at the movies. I am keeping my fingers crossed. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 148 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,233 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $526.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 744 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Terri, I certainly had that "foggy" feeling after 3 days of not smoking. I don't think it matters how many cigs you smoked before, you'll still have withdrawal and I think that in terms of the intensity, it's more an individual thing, as everyone is different and unique in their own way. I also know from having alot of sinus probs myself, that that can cause that "foggy" feeling too. Maybe after not smoking, he'll find that he feels better physically, as smoking adds to the discomforts of sinus probs and decide to abandon the addiction altogether? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 221 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,774 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $828.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ter724, Yes, it is most likely withdrawals. Remember, your husband is not only withdrawing from nicotine but all the other toxins such as carbon monoxide. His body also has to adjust to other changes such as an increased level of oxygen in his bloodstream, increased blood flow... Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 301 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI terri, For sure it's the withdrawal thing happening. Now is the time. If he WANTS to stop this is the time. You know the rules only if he wants. You can only hope. Cheers KiwiKeith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 147 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,696 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1705.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Terri.....in my opinion it doesn't matter really how "few" we smoke....we become addicted. I know an alcoholic that only has a drink in the evening....but try taking it away! your hubby is having withdrawal symptoms. Perhaps milder cause he doesn't smoke so much, but withdrawal none the less. Does HE believe he is addicted? Is he thinking about and wishing he could smoke his evening cigarettes?? If he isn't an addict then why EVER go back to smoking those three cigarettes?? smoking is such a dirty, nasty, deadly thing to do...why would we ever keep it up? answer: cause the addiction is subtly calling the shots...while you don't want to nag him, you do need to mention these things if he is thinking about lighting up again. Katy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1878 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 75,132 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10704.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 247 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
  • Quit Meter

$158,956.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5343 Hours: 3

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: