Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

So THIS is what an emotion feels like...

17 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Right on....Wow I really thought quitting smoking is just quitting smoking...From reading these boards and learning a little about you all is really making me start seeing this in a different light...I almost have 4 year clean and sober so really my last bad habit is smoking in which I am slowly preparing my self for my quit day that is coming up....I just wanted to say awsome share great way to express your fellings....
17 years ago 0 79 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Todash, you really have a gift for imagery. As one who enjoys writing, I can truly appreciate it. Alas, my raft is far behind yours, but I plan to see you on the beach...you're halfway there! I do hope you will roll out the red towel so I can lie down and soak up some rays when I get there! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 23 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 74 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Amazingly well written post. Quitting is teaching me that I have to deal with all these emotions. I have no choice. Well I do but that would involve lighting a cancer stick which ain't EVER happening again. So all thats left is me and my anxiety. I find that I am quite enjoying it though. Everything is clearer to me now that the fog of smoke has gone. Everything is making more sense. Long may you be a non-smoking emotion-feeling hero. Danni x PS. With you on the fibre front. And you can have my cough if you want. Its especially hacking and gross in the morning. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/31/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 265 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
  • Quit Meter

$326,966.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 5

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Todash Your post is extraordinary. For sure you look much better by now, a better skin, shining eyes, etc. :) Re. your weight gaining why don't you follow Allen Carr's book, �Easyweigh To Lose Weight�. I read his Easy Way to Stop Smoking and found it indispensable for my quitting. Hope you enjoy your smoke free days as well as your regained precious emotions. mitri
  • Quit Meter

$295,178.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 5

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don�t know what to say now. Your post may be the best expression of raw emotions I have ever read and so cleverly written. I will be looking for the next publication hopefully coming soon�. Keep the head up, feet down and type us all something else to read! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 94 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $14 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
  • Quit Meter

$254,307.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8459 Hours: 3

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 388 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Todash, Isn't it amazing all the people that smoke. It seems that everyone I pass in a car these days smokes. Regarding everything else, I understand, except for the emotional part. If you ask my husband he might say that I have always expressed my emotions very well. Especially angry. No I am just kidding. I am thankful for a wonderful spouse and family. My best advice is enjoy the good times and take a deep breath and count through the rough spots. Have a wonderful evening. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 496 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 292 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What a well-written post! Nicely done. Woohoo Happy-almost-42-days! We're the New Years Day quitters, you me, Aunt Deb, LouLou... I dunno who else. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,258 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $123 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 984 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, thanks cassie2u, it's nice to have such a lovely compliment when you're feeling a bit like Raggedy Ann on a bad hair day! :) Listen to your twins, THEY are awesome for inspiring you to get back on your journey. I wish you all the best as well, if you did it then, you can do it again. I'm not English but an American that moved to London after meeting her British hubby, hence the �! Methinks it's easier to give up the smokes over here when you look at the financial aspect and translate back to dollars...they run about $10 a pack. :8o: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,350 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �319 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
Glad we "Heroes of 2007" have your support, fish - I wanna be like you when I grow up :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,049 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �247.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
So I'm paddling swiftly across the waves in my raft of bamboo. The beams are glued together with inner strength, bound by a twine of faith and strips I've peeled off the gelatinous glumps of seaweed-emotions that keeps piling up in my wake. Century beach is in sight. Can you see it? It's golden edge beckons. A riot of colour and laughter and joy is bouncing down the gangway of the Magic Ship to the limbo party on the water's edge. There is life here. Real life. I can see you paddling along beside me, all those who quit when I did, many who began long before, many since, others still who are beginning again. Man don't your arms hurt from the struggle against these battering waves? The salt from the water stinging your face like tears. Of joy, of pain, of sorrow, of loss. Shall we take pause and reflect on the journey together? Shall we give thanks that we are not alone in this great cosmic struggle against the tide? Shall we look to the day the tsunami turns to a brook, babbling along, 'water under the bridge'? The past. My world, my everything, to be finished with the past of nicotine. Leave me now, I've had quite enough of you. Anger still fumes, sorrow still cries, joy still sparkles WITHOUT the cigarette. It's just more technicolor, more whizz bang, more Deee Lite 'Groove is in the Heart' now. Dig? So the patch came off a week ago. The patch came off, the dial marked 'Heavy Emotional Baggage' turned full blast ON, and I'm like the tasmanian devil, whirling and whizzing through life at a pace. Who is this maniac one day, angry sardonic cow the next, brooding buffy no mates in the corner the next. Not ME. I'm not this - Am I? Oh. I see. I AM. The raft is afloat, wind in my hair, I'm surfing into all those tomorrows I was in danger of losing for 20 years. I know your struggle, like a darkened thunderhead. We are the light crashing through the cloud. We are strong. We are really living now, baby. x Todash [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,167 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �275 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17

Reading this thread: