Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Walking on solid ground/ when do i feel the pins and needles ?

17 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am into my 6th day when is the torture about to come?
  • Quit Meter

$168,995.88

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9145 Hours: 1

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Yes each one is different. I got thinking tonight about how I dreaded going to work being a nonsmoker because there is alot of sitting around/freetime and almost everyone smokes there,,,however I have worked 4 nights and It is mind over matter. I can't believe little fears can become such a big excuse back then for me not to take a serious stab at this. I am starting to munch a little more now I wish everyone well and listen to that little angel voice on one of your shoulders Don
  • Quit Meter

$168,995.88

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

test
  • Quit Meter

$168,995.88

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

the meter is on however it doesnt show on messages I also seem to not to be able to download messenger
  • Quit Meter

$168,995.88

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

My doctor whom is an ex-smoker said to me ytrs ago that you have to change routine,,,which is true,, "if you don't want to slip...don't go where it is wet" I have my coffee still and while at work I think of cigarrettes or having one HOWEVER in my mind I will remember in the past that the same thing will happen to me which I plant or remind myself 1. I will get dizzy and nauseated 2. I will say to myself why did I do that? and that negative feeling will be there cause right now I feel positive [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 210 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
  • Quit Meter

$168,995.88

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My quit date is the 29th. I am preparing myself but every so often I have these moment of doubt. Am I ready for this. what will it be like waking up in the morning knowing I am not going to have a fag. it scares me.
  • Quit Meter

$177,173.10

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6010 Hours: 2

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello there! I'm going on day 11, and except the really bad food! cravings I had the first 4-5 days, anything else seems to be pretty tame. The first time I tried to quit I didn't make it past day five, because I was in this self-pitty mood and I just didn't care. This time, I feel confident and I really want to keep smoke-free. So maybe this is why my mind isn't constantly thinking about cigarettes. Also , I read in a lot of posts that people try to avoid their triggers. That's another reason why I didn't make it the first time. I stopped drinking coffee and alcohol, and on day five (it was Friday and I was out with friends) I had some drinks and boom, went right back to smoking. This time I had my coffee the same day I quit. I also had a glass of wine on day 3. I got in a monster fight with an ex boyfriend on day 5. And the other day, I managed to sit outside and have a conversation with my mother-in-law (who's a heavy smoker) without lighting up and without having to run away. It was hard, but I did it! I think it's all in your head after the nicotine goes... Heads up! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 181 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
  • Quit Meter

$763,207.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4203 Hours: 18

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I haven't had it very rough either (knock on wood.) I agree with what Healer Within wrote about "looking for something." We can talk ourselves into anything! I just continue to do what I have learned to do (drink liquids, candy, ect...) and stay positive. Each day gets better. I did crave more on certain days but I got through it. Keep up the good work! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 268 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 84 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow. What a string of posts. If you read it from start to finish, it reads just like my short time quit has gone so far. Nice, hard and real, but nice for me. I had to read them all...take an extra minute at the end of each post to try and pretend I knew each person and I could hear each voice. Sounds wacky and stupid, but I am learning...from all of you. Learning not to be a captive...Learning not to be a slave to the smoke...never did a damn thing for me. Jimmy the Mick...out [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 320 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $117 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 84 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey. Sorry I didn't have a chance to follow up. I got busy with work, but being busy is making thing run pretty smoothly with my quit. Thanks again for the kind word. Hey...check it out, I just saved myself 3 days of life. Staying busy pays. Seriously. Thanks again to all of you that are still here and helping us....Your the best. Jimmy the Mick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 366 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $136.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18

Reading this thread: