Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,557 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

the "empty feeling" in my stomach

18 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi: I am on my 3rd day of quitting and I am having a problem with the empty stomach but also my jaw is aching and I don't know if it is all in my head because that is also pounding at times. I don't know what to do and I am willing to try anything at this point. PLEASE HELP!
18 years ago 0 72 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know exactly what you are all talking about. I even feel some achiness in my jaw. It is unbelievable how strong these symptoms are. I agree, some of this may be in our minds-hope we all feel better soon :)
18 years ago 0 60 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The empty feeling in my gut is really the worst of all my cravings its driving me mad....what do I do to control these feelings,someone please help. I need some advice [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 72 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �12.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
18 years ago 0 254 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gazza, golferman has hit it right on the head with his description..... It's so hard to tell someone else "how" we are feeling, but "empty" describes it perfectly. Just saying "off" or "not right" doesn't convey the same emotion. I still have that feeling from time to time, mainly when I am in a situation I haven't faced since becoming a non smoker. It's my mind playing tricks on me, but at least now it doesn't last long, because I recognize it for what it is....... The first two weeks I tried to walk when I could. It is a better feeling than smoking, I feel good about myself for doing it, and the feeling passes without you even being aware of it. The more you sit and focus on that emptiness, the longer the crave becomes. You can sit and remember how it use to be to smoke, and what you liked about it, OR tell yourself that you have 3 days under your belt and you are NOT giving in. If you can immerse yourself into something other than fretting and craving, these feeling will go away.......and become less intense with time........and some days you'll go the whole day without a crave. It's wonderful....... GOOD LUCK and keep posting and reading. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 399 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $175.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
18 years ago 0 64 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gazza, That's my biggest withrawal symptom too. But it seems to be getting better as the days go by. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 56 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Gazza....seriously, fruit juice! You may have read about blood sugar levels on some sites but in casae you haven't.....nicotine releases fats into the bloodstream and this is why, for example you can skip breakfast as a smoker. Your appetite is suppressed. When you stop smoking, your blood sugar levels go to hell in a handcart. Lots of people eat, get no immediate relief (it takes 20 mins for food to hit the sugar problem) so they eat some more, and so on. It is believed to be one of the reasons people can put weight on when stopping smoking. During my first week of cold turkey, I made sure that I had loads of fresh orange juice, in the car, the fridge, wherever I was. Frequent sips keep trhe sugar levels up until the body learns to cope without the nicotine. Worth a try? Read more on www.whyquit.com in the section on the first 72 hours. Cheers Brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 264 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �185 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
18 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gazza, When we quit we often feel as though we are giving up our best friend.. our lifelong buddy! Withdrawal is not only physical, it is quite emotional as well. You are mourning the loss of something that has been with you for years. Many people relate quitting to the grieving process. Let yourself grieve. Write a letter of goodbye to your former "friend". Bury something symbolic if you want. I know of several who have done just that. You are breaking a horrible addiction that has been trying to kill you for years and years. You are experiencing freedom now. Relish it. Rejoice in your quit. You are not alone. Stay focused. Stay positive. You have just done the best thing you could ever do for you. Well done Gazza! Say goodbye to the old smoking Gazza and hello to the new, smoke free Gazza! [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 244 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,115 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $597.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 42 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
  • Quit Meter

$36,336.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9769 Hours: 7

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 1

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brent, I'm so glad you posted this information. I had completely forgotten it. I was so wacky for the first few days until I read on whyquit about the blood sugar issue. I kept little boxes of raisins on me at all times, and tried to eat something every two or three hours. It's one of those things that makes so much sense that we don't even consider it. Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 397 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,137 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1389.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 54 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
  • Quit Meter

$54,880.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 648 Hours: 2

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: