Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Failure doesn?t have to mean I Failed

6 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great attitude Lulapoussin!

You are right. Slips do not mean failure they mean learning. Slips are a part of the learning process of quitting. Learn from them and move on. It sounds like you are doing just that. Awesome work!

Ashley, Health Educator
6 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lulapoussin,
 Sorry to hear about your slip. It does happen sometimes. It's also good to hear that you are not going to quit trying. The only way you can fail is to give in and quit trying. The darned NicoDemon won that time, but it also given you more ammunition to fight him the next time. Just pick yourself up, dust off those nasty ashes and start over again. You can do this, you've did it before. For a smoker there's always going to be an excuse or reason to smoke, you just have to be stronger than the moment. 
 Keep that mountain you want to climb with your kids in mind whenever you feel weak. Hopefully it will help give you the strength to say no, you know like we teach our kids...JUST SAY NO! 
 Don't be too hard on yourself for the slip... and get some colored sticky notes this time, and have your kids help you come up with some reasons to quit to put on them. The more help the better right? 
Stay strong.

Not One Puff Ever...NOPE!

• Quit Meter

$23,219.90

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 772 Hours: 14

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

6 years ago 0 361 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
""I believe you win the race by looking forward,not behind""..........Quote by:Payal Kadakia.

The Juice: Rise up after fallin and dust off coz :    YOU CAN DO IT....    .

Thanks.... 
6 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
But I did. Today I smoked. I could give a million reasons why....because when you're quitting smoking, those reasons are everywhere in everything. But the reality is I had a weak moment. I let the addiction beat my mind. It won a mental battle. 

But a battle is just part of the war. It doesn't win the war on its own. There will be more battles. And these? I will win. 

It would be easier to accept defeat, beat myself up, and let the addiction keep taking the wins. But that's not what I want and it's not what I will allow. A slip doesn't make me weak unless I let it. I slip, in this case, will teach me lessons and make me stronger and more prepared for the next battle that is certain to come. 

I will continue and reset my timer to 0. Because I want that timer to reflect the actual amount of time I've continued winning each and every challenge. I will persevere. I have to. For me. For my family. For my life.  
  • Quit Meter

$4,977.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 221 Hours: 5

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: