Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

The *Weirdest* Dreams

10 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL Lemontwist this is hilarious. You obviously have a very creative mind!

Mushroom flavour ha ha...

Anyways, yes smoking dreams are normal. I wonder what dreams of mushrooms or coffee signify in dreams? Would be interesting to look up for the fun of it.

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I sometimes have dreams of smoking and I'm approaching 6 years.  It usually happens when I'm around smokers during the day or a smoking memory comes back to me.  It's weird to still have them, but I wake up knowing it was just a dream!  I've never had mushroom flavored cigarette dreams, which is a good thing since I hate mushrooms!  Maybe that's the secret!  Fill the cigarettes with something you hate, then you'll never smoke again!  Gosh, that would be a nightmare if I smoked one of them!  LOL!
10 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow. I think you guys have more subconscious creativity than I do. Mine are just simple relapse dreams. I find myself smoking and then remember that I have quit and didn't want to smoke again. Then I feel yucky about doing it and yucky about the prospect of having to start detoxing all over again. 

I still have them once in a while. But, like the craves, they are fewer and father in-between as time goes on.  
  • Quit Meter

$22,541.55

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 602 Hours: 13

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have almost always had smoking dreams as far back as I can remember. Before I smoked I used to have recurring dreams about trying to buy cigarettes and never being able to find a store, and going on some epic quest to find one, and once I finally bought a pack I'd wake up. 

After my first serious quit attempt I didn't dream about smoking much, but I do remember one or two where I'd be texting a friend asking for support and then I wouldn't hear back and I'd go buy cigarettes and smoke, and wake up feeling super guilty.

This time my smoking dreams are few and far between and usually just straight up weird. At first I'd dream about being almost literally surrounded by cartons of cigarettes and chain smoking constantly. They don't bother me too much lately because they're too out-of-this-world to be believable dreams. (Mushroom flavored cigarettes? I knew I was dreaming even in my dream.) The worst are the dreams where I'm at the gas station and buy cigarettes and then casually smoke one, because it feels real, and then I feel awful when I wake up before I realize it didn't really happen.

Surf, I don't know if the dreams go away. Maybe they do... but at least for me at 5 months they don't bother me as much. And maybe if I want a cigarette for real I can just remind myself that I can wait until I go to sleep and have one then. :) 
10 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have dreams about sneaking out of my house in the middle of the night to smoke, then when I try to light my smoke the lighter is broken and then I go on an anxiety laden mission looking for some way to light it, but then I realize the cigarette is fake and then I wake up I feel guilty and disappointed in myself for wanting to smoke in my dreams. Even though I don't want to smoke when I am awake.

Bizarre. I have quit before and last time I never had these dreams. Now, almost 3 months completely smoke free I am still having dreams. 
10 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm sure we've most all had dreams about smoking. But sometimes I get the most bizarre, nonsensical smoking dreams ever. 

For instance, a few months ago I dreamed that a friend gave me a pack of cigarettes which I smoked, and they were mushroom flavored. For some reason, in my dream, that didn't disgust me. I woke up thinking something along the lines of "wtf?" and also thankful that the sensation of taste does not exist in dreams. As if the taste of a cigarette enough isn't gross enough, to add mushroom to that? 

Then last night I dreamt about being at some sort of gathering of people in a house, and I was in the kitchen and noticed cartons and cartons of cigarettes and boxes of matches. I went to get a pack, and it turned out to be coffee grounds, so I made myself tobacco coffee. What on Earth?

Am I the only one who gets these strange dreams? If not, please share yours! 

Reading this thread: