Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Let the battle commence!!

13 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lil, that dreaded nicodemon still likes to peak his head out, especially since he looked at your quit meter and saw that tomorrow is 14 smoke free days!  Keep saying N.O.P.E. and you'll go far!
My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 763
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 30,520
Amount Saved: $7,630.00
Life Gained:
Days: 117 Hrs: 12 Mins: 34 Seconds: 11

13 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lil Nice to see that you're still with us. I always liked your sense of humour. Still laughing about somebody stealing Tonys money. A sense of humour will get you through. 13 days Excellent. breather
My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 11/11/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 680
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 34,000
Amount Saved: $16,320.00
Life Gained:
Days: 124 Hrs: 2 Mins: 59 Seconds: 44

13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Fag Ash Lil,

Keep your guard up for the cravings, they can occur when you least expect it. Have your coping mechanisms in your back pocket, ready to go! Work through Milestone 4 of the program to find a resource full of great ideas on how to cope with cravings. Let us know which coping mechanisms are most helpful to you!

Samantha, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Since that demon didn't get you early on, it is now operating in stealth mode. Powerful, cunning, and manipulative. Give it no air time. Beware.

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 509
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 14,252
Amount Saved: $6,057.10
Life Gained:
Days: 57 Hrs: 7 Mins: 29 Seconds: 40

13 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tis a strange thing indeed ... almost two weeks into this God awful quit, the last four days have been cold turkey and it is only now that the 'cravings' really moved up a gear ... they were pretty full on today but in a strangely subtle kind of way ... kinda like they were  just trying to mingle in with the day, all casual like as they approached ... y'know how it is ... you are sitting chatting and you automatically reach out for your smokes or you make yourself a cup of coffee and you feel that old familiar churning in your stomach as you realise that you cant be having a smoke with this cuppa ... and then it body slams you and the doubting little whispers start dripping into your ear and infiltrating your thoughts ... weakening your resolve but in a sweet, nurturing way ...
"ahh! go on just have one, it will help take the edge off ... sure you can get right back to your quit ... who would know? ... and anyway ... as long as you smoke less that you did, then you are still doing some good ... Och! a wee smoke, go on, you know you want to ..."

NO!  

Lil x

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 9/9/2010
Smoke-Free Days: 13
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 195
Amount Saved: �61.43
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 6 Mins: 42 Seconds: 27

Reading this thread: