Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,508 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

The EASTER CHICKEN will now answer your questions!!!! (maybe) The Chicken is IN!

15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the laughs Easter Chicken...........we are indebted to you! After all, laughter is the best medicine!

Keep up the fantastic work folks!

Faryal, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Bob and vaslim - yes I'm ok now. I didn't smoke and I am fixing me some fish and succotash for supper. Addiction is no stranger to me. I weighed 261 in 1980 ( 130 now ). When I lost weight I took up drinking way too much. I quit drinking and upped my smoking by at least 50%. When I read another's post - I forget his name but the poker guy - about addiction simplified I had some mixed feelings. With my history what I know now is that my brain is hard wired to be addictive. If I can get my hands, face, or feet on it I can get addicted to it, lol. Seriously, for me I just have to find other ways to keep that part of my brain occupied. It's hard and I can't do it alone or by pretending I am just fine when I'm not. Mostly, I am! I'm optimistic. But those dark days come for me just like they do for us all. And I thank you for being here.
Hugs,
Joyce 

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/4/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 9
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 450
Amount Saved: $123.75
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 8 Mins: 41 Seconds: 46

15 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Easter Chicken
I agree with Sparky! You deserve a most uplifting thread award!!
Do chickens get pedicures I can't visualize a chicken having a pedicure. But anyway, Sparky and I  want to give you a
gift certificate for a pedicure! Maybe we should ask Isabella where does she gets her
You made my day friend!
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 80
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,200
Amount Saved: $120.00
Life Gained:
Days: 9 Hrs: 4 Mins: 14 Seconds: 41

15 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Joyce
Good for you and  for your friend who lent her ear for support.  I had sorta the same thought process going on today, I thought well if I hid one pack and just smoked one every now and then, it would be ok.  I ended up just having to get in the car and leave for a while.  I've chewed gum until my cheeks are starting to ache!  I'm ok now, how about you???  Hope you are hanging tough!!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/11/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 2
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 40
Amount Saved: $11.80
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 6 Mins: 18 Seconds: 7

15 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are doing great joyce.....we all had those feelings and thoughts........
Your friend is a good one......she seems bound to help you. .......

I can only say "been there-done that"........but I'm just too stubborn to let the addict win!!!
I love being in control of my life now.....not a slave to a nasty cig and a user of a nasty drug.

You can do this .....just like we are.;;;;;

huggggg
Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 76
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,280
Amount Saved: $319.20
Life Gained:
Days: 16 Hrs: 0 Mins: 15 Seconds: 53

15 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is just way too funny or maybe just right for me today. Rough morning. I wanted to ask the gardener if he had a cigarette ... then I thought of just one pack, secretly smoked in the bushes outside, poor things ... then I remembered that one pack for me leads to three  then to twenty ... more is never enough for this addict. So I called my friend and she talked to me for an hour. She asked where my suckers were and I told her they were in a bowl on the coffee table. She asked where I smoked and I told her - so now I have suckers in every room of the house - and one in the bushes, just in case . And now I'll spend some time with ya'll! I gonna try to find the pledge page now.
Hugs,
Joyce

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/4/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 9
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 450
Amount Saved: $123.75
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 7 Mins: 44 Seconds: 44

Reading this thread: