Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

The demon calls....

15 years ago 0 145 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear CD, You have managed to capture the personality of my mom's cat to a tee. lol Congrats and I am as always wishing you and yours all good things.
God Bless you CD real good.
Pupikat ~

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 28
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 784
Amount Saved: $205.80
Life Gained:
Days: 3 Hrs: 7 Mins: 23 Seconds: 59

15 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am with you HP - yes - we are stronger together. There have been many times you have inspired me during this quit. Together we will make it - all of us.

I will listen to all of you - not the seductive whispering of the nicodemon. Your voices are louder and stronger.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/6/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 51
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,530
Amount Saved: $351.90
Life Gained:
Days: 8 Hrs: 13 Mins: 7 Seconds: 33

15 years ago 0 433 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh, and by the way....

The next time the Demon calls, tell him he's got a wrong number

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/1/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 147
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,528
Amount Saved: $846.72
Life Gained:
Days: 18 Hrs: 0 Mins: 10 Seconds: 38

15 years ago 0 433 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey there  CD,

Sorry I couldn't get over here sooner this morning. Thank you for helping me with my little meltdown.
I'd hazard a guess that what you wrote to me could apply to us both, eh?

This posting of yours was the first thing I thought of when I woke up this morning. You have been an amazing member of this wonderful group of quitters. You bring to us a great sense of humor and insightful posts. It's good to see you are kicking Nics rear end all the way to France.  You have done such a good job so far in this quit, keep it going.

Kylissa and Kelly are right, who would want to go through those first couple of weeks again??? Noooooooo, thanks. That is something that is always keep in my mind too.  And if you are even thinking about a couple of smokes a day... it would be just as hard to quit as a pack a day. Believe it or not... I've already looked it up on the web because I was thinking of that myself. lol.
We might have the same junkie.

Let's stay strong together. We are all here for you!

Your pal, 
HP

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/1/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 147
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,528
Amount Saved: $846.72
Life Gained:
Days: 18 Hrs: 0 Mins: 7 Seconds: 21

Kelly and Lisa -

Thanks - I promise you both I will not smoke. I will not lose this quit. If I feel weak I'll shout out to you and won't do anything until I've heard back from you.

I shall go on to the end, I shall fight Nic in France, 
I shall fight Nic on the seas and oceans, 
I shall fight Nic with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, I shall defend my Quit, whatever the cost may be,
I shall fight Nic on the beaches, 
I shall fight Nic on the landing grounds, 
I shall fight Nic in the fields and in the streets, 
I shall fight Nic in the hills; 
I shall never surrender.

(Yes, I ripped off Winston Churchill...)

BTW - My company is based out of France so the first line works for me - I spend a lot of time there!

My Milage:

Life Gained:
Days: 8 Hrs: 12 Mins: 39 Seconds: 26

15 years ago 0 289 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
For several weeks now I have had pretty strong cravings or at least I think they are strong until I go to the back of my mind and remember the first few weeks of my quit, now those were STRONG cravings and these are nothing compared and I really don't ever want to go thru the begining again, when your cravings are rough just remember how ROUGH those cravings in the begining truly are. I've seen a few lose their quits lately and I truly feel for them knowing they have to do Hell and Heck week again. Congrats on your 50 days CD and you can't lose your quit cause I would miss your graphics     :-)
Lisa

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 149
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,960
Amount Saved: $655.60
Life Gained:
Days: 16 Hrs: 7 Mins: 24 Seconds: 32

15 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Your doing great CD.  Your winning attitude has always impressed me.  You lost your last quit, so you know what your up against this time, it should make it easier..no real suprises, right?  Besides, you have all of us watching your back.  You have 50 days in, no way to turn back now!

Kelly

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/6/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 264
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,920
Amount Saved: $990.00
Life Gained:
Days: 21 Hrs: 12 Mins: 16 Seconds: 0

Thanks everyone. Yes, I recall tough times for me between the 70 - 100 day point in my last quit. I almost failed several times in that time frame. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for what I know is coming.

To me, when you first quit, the demon shouts at you. It's easy to ignore someone who's shouting at you. You can turn that off. BUT...

It's not so easy to ignore someone who's whispering what you want to hear in your ear. And that's exactly what this addiction does to me as I progress through a quit. I have yet to go through the "OK you proved it, you can quit, so now just one won't hurt you" phase of my quit, but it's coming I fear. I've caught myself bargaining and rationalizing lately. Thoughts like, what would having one in the morning and one at night hurt? Would that be so bad?

When sense returns the answer is yes, it would be devastating.

I'm digging in my heels and getting ready for the next stage of this quit.

At 50 days I'm still actively quitting. When I hit the beach I'll consider myself quit. Once I'm on the beach I'll go into maintenance mode and just hold my ground. I still have a ways to go yet so, I hope you'll all continue to put up with me for a while. I need this place in my life right now.

STILL WINNING!

My Milage:

Life Gained:
Days: 8 Hrs: 11 Mins: 56 Seconds: 46

15 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
50 days congrats - I totally understand about the nicodemon. 

But I do love cats (I have two spoiled rotton ones at home) amazing what can be done with computer graphics/effects now-a-days!

Again cognrats - Good job!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 6
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 150
Amount Saved: $30.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 15 Mins: 45 Seconds: 26

15 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you CD    are a Winner...     yes that little demon is very very sly.......

what is the saying.. "Fool me once, shame on you!  Fool me twice shame on me!"    Keep this quit shiney and new.

Enjoy the Cruise.... no dang demons allowed across the gangplank or they will be drawn and quartered.

Bonnie

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 2/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 197
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,349
Amount Saved: $669.80
Life Gained:
Days: 28 Hrs: 6 Mins: 30 Seconds: 49

Reading this thread: