Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,522 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

switching one for the other... :quest:

16 years ago 0 153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No need to worry Faith :). In all honesty I don't think there is anything wrong with it, I'm just having a harder time stopping to do it now that I'm not obsessing about other things... that's why I'm going to try to stop it using the same reward system. I think it will work that way :) Way to go on your quit! You're almost at the beach! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 135 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,025 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $658.13 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OMG! Me too! I've never had strong nails and biting just seemed to come easy. I've had periods when I haven't bitten at all and then, for some reason or other, off they go! I seemed to have really increased biting since I've quit. I, too, think its an obsessive/compulsive thing. And I'm not going to worry about it at this point. :) Faith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,950 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $936.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
Hi Lainey :) It's nice seeing you again... I've been so busy lately with visiting BF, then got sick with the flu and now yet another presentation to make that I haven't dropped by in a little while. Yep, I have chewed my nails since highschool too and I always go through my phases of long nails for a month or two but I have been finding it harder to stop doing it since I quit smoking. I had tried those products before but what I'm always affraid of is to eat chips or any snack where you will lick your fingers and get that nasty flavour in your mouth. :P Hopefully plain nail polish that supposedly will strengthen the nails will work this time. But I'm thinking of using the same reward method as I did with the cigs for this one :). [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 134 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,010 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $653.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Sprquits! I didn't have that problem when I quit, but I did bite them all off in highschool. It took me a while but I just leanred to quit biting. Nail polish does help, and they do have a product to put on your nails that tastes awful so you won't bite, should be available at the local drug store. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 371 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,275 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,914.05 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 48 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
Does anyone out here have a compulsive problem with nail bitting? It has now been more than 4 months since I quit and I find it harder than before to let my nails grow. Obviously this is a much smaller problem than smoking... and I would never wish to go back... I'm not saying nail bitting is an addiction either, but definitely an obsessive/compulsive behaviour. Anyway... I was just curious :P since today I decided to go and buy some new nail polish to motivate myself to keep my hands out of my mouth. Keep strong buddies! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 134 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,010 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $653.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29

Reading this thread: