Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

crabby?

16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My moods are getting much better. I can deal with myself now. It helps to read the posts on this site. I read the one on dopamine and nicotine and that really helped, to know that it is not only me and that quitting does effect a lot. Thanks for all your wonderful feedback! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 918 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $358.02 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's more than just the withdrawals - you have to learn everything all over again as a non-smoker. you have to learn new coping skills, and you have to learn what to do with yourself, and you have to learn new habbits, and a new diet, and everything in your world has changed. Give yourself some slack, hon - and tell your boyfriend that if he isn't man enough to handle it then maybe he should take his whimpy, judgemental a*s and leave! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 590 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 44,250 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11,062.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 52 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Den, As it's been said, engaging in pleasurable activities can certainly be key in keeping your mood up. As can good nutrition, enough sleep and enough exercise. It's okay to be crabby, quitting is tough. Perspective taking may be a helpful strategy to you. Before responding, put yourself in their shoes. How would you like to be responded to and what may be the motivation behind the question, action... Hope this helps. Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I didn't think I was crabby at all. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! Then after a few months I heard my daughter saying to her boyfriend how snappy I'd been when I first stopped smoking. IF YOU DON'T MIND!! I mean. Nice, quiet, mild mannered me? All normal and worth it. Gen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 335 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,675.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
16 years ago 0 222 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Same here Den, sunday was a terrible day for me but took the advice of the fellow quitters went to bed and slept. So with all the water and the sleeping I am either comatose or when i'm walking you can hear slosh!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT LIKE YOU I AM STILL SMOKE FREE. Keep up the good fight DEN. N.O.P.E [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/2/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,650 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �602.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
16 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Den, does your boyfried smoke? Is he a never smoker, or is he quitting with you? I tend to get aggitated feelings towards these people sometimes and it is so wrong. I feel it coming on and I walk away. You know the ones, they quit and it never bothered them, or they never smoked and we are repulsive...the no smoking do gooders. I am not saying your boyfriend is like that, but when I come across somebody whos life isn't being "interrupted" as I put it at the moment, and all is so smooth and easy, I kinda want to strangle them, even though its not their fault. I am trying to learn from them now instead of kill them. :eg: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,460 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $307.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks. It's nice to know i am not alone. I just thought the crabbiness might be gone by now - guess again! I'll watch out for the walking sideways thing JDK! I guess the final answer is "this too shall pass" - BUT WHEN?! Thanks for the laughs everyone! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 900 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $351.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
16 years ago 0 1113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds like everything is normal then Den according to the responses here. Remember to reward yourself too of course. It might help the crabbiness. Only start to worry when you start walking sideways and make pincer type movements with your hands. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 229 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,725 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �961.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sue, you made me laugh! Sent home~~~a perfect way to sum up how it feels, those horrible craving days!! But, like you said, you made it, I've made it, look at Tresa and so many others...it's OK, Den, we are are still here and do have our "oh so funny moments!!" You won't be crabby for the rest of your life, promise! Now, be a brave little soldier; go out there and have a Happy Day! :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 648 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $137.70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Den! You sound pretty normal to me. Ya, instead of harping at Hubby I hung out here, posting, where everyone understands. And even if you yell at us, we'll still love ya tommorrow! It does get better, you are climbing up the meter and soon you will hardly notice any bad days! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 358 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,950 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,776.90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7

Reading this thread: