Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Life moves on.

16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Penguin, what a marvelous post! Listen to you, so calm and at peace. I always knew you would get there, it's so awesome to see that now you know it, too. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 203 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,060 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,233.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are doing fantastic! Life is busy yes, and watch those extra days of life adding up on your quit meter! More time to spend with your son & Hubby! Good for you Penquin, you deserve it! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 272 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,869.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Penguin, Great to hear from you and that you are still smoke-free! You've been missed [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 255 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,734.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Penquin - I have wondering about you!!! I am glad that you are still smoke free and plan to stay that way - It feels too good to go back doesn't it! [quote] If there is a trick, it is to not dwell on the romantic thoughts the Junkie trumps up. [/quote] Amen to that! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 328 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,920 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,377.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad you checked in and are doing well. Doesn't it feel good? I know what you mean about the stink. I have some friends that still smoke and when I am around them, stinky!! I can not believe we smelled like that. OMG. You take care and please check in now and then. You are missed :p Oh, I got Mr Kitty for my six months. He is so much fun!!! Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 216 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $324.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Penguin, Thanks for checking in. We are glad to see you are doing well. Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 201 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep on keepin on! :) Peace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 653 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 16,325 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5,550.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 106 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When I reached the beach, I decided that I had to take a break from the SSC for awhile, get on with living a non smoking life. Life has become very busy, and I catch myself wondering how in the heck I ever had time to smoke before. For awhile I lost track of how many smoke-free days I had. I still think about smoking every day, but only during the strongest triggering times - maybe 5 times a day. The Junkie still tries to tell me this is going on way too long, but very quickly I see the lie. It is so much better than it was in the beginning, where the smoking thought never left my conscious thought. Am I out of the woods - OH NO - I could very easily go back to smoking. I contemplate that a few times a week. My answer obviously has been NO. I say easily go back to smoking in the essence that it would only take one drag, and that would be the end of my quit. What keeps me quit is that knowledge and I very clearly still remember the hour in and hour out drudgery of my smoking life. I also know that it would be very difficult for me to try and quit again. NOPE - definately not worth it. I am much more comfortable in this non-smoking skin, and I am a much happier camper. If there is a trick, it is to not dwell on the romantic thoughts the Junkie trumps up. Shut them off and walk away. It is also very important to keep rewarding yourself. You cannot depend on others to do it for you. On another note...my husband is still smoking. Of course I wish he would quit, for his sake, but what really bothers me about his smoking - not the fact that ' he get's to', but that he really, really stinks. Just another reminder for me. I don't have much computer free time just now, but when I do I like to check in and see what Crazy Aunt Agnes and the gang are up to. Sorry I don't post much, it's a time thing - that's all. Keep smilin... Keep Quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 142 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,840 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,633.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
  • Quit Meter

$330,386.85

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6026 Hours: 14

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 52

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: