Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

damn almost lost it today :(

16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Goofy I adore posts like yours, that moment after the fog of hell week has passed, there is clarity and you start feeling really good - I can smell, I can taste, what have i been doing???? I love that. I love being a non-smoker during fall. I love feeling good!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 188 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,880 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $329.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
16 years ago 0 1107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Day 30? Let's talk about 300. I can't believe how much better my sense of taste and smell is already! The 35 years of smoking was just so stupid. In fact I took today off from work, and roasted a duck. It smelled so good in our house. Now I can't wait for Thanksgiving. The longer I stay away from tobacco, the happier I seem to be getting. I don't know if this is normal, but my kids seem to be enjoying the smoke free environment as well. Enough, thanks for the help. Goofy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No just getting a litle arrogant like me.My quit was easy others are not so help them out Goofus see ya in day 30 ??? ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 232 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,176 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,320.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 53 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
This is a piece of cake! I didn't think of having that 1st cigarette with my coffee this morning. This was actually the first day that this has happened. Am I taking too much for granted? I'm sure that down the line, I'll have to rethink the taste of that dreaded tobacco. For now, I'm just grateful to know about the support here at SSC. One more try, Jodi, sprquits, Stan.... keep it going. We've got something great going here, and how about this....we'll live to talk about it. Goofy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
16 years ago 0 317 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, you guys. Good for you for not giving up! It is a little scary for me to hear about so many people who have quit for so long and then went back to smoking. This is the longest I've quit for, and I do not want to go through this again. NOPE! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 460 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $115.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
16 years ago 0 277 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Goofy. You are equally inspiring! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has quit in the past only to take up smoking again. Stupid, stupid! But, it's amazing how much we think the smoking completes us. I know I have always felt that way. We will do this! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 108 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36.72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
OK, OK, I had quit about 19 years ago. I didn't smoke for 1 1/2 years. When my wife got pregnant with our 3rd baby, she turned into the mom from hell. I couldn't do anything right. Even when I went out to find her pickled herring at 3 in the morning, it was the wrong brand. I started smoking again to calm myself, and it did work. I didn't kill her, and we had another beautiful little girl. (Now 18). By the way, we did plan all 3 kids, only we thought the last one would be a boy. Well, we stuck together, we have quit smoking together, and our girls are leaving the nest. This quit is so important to me, as I can't believe how much better I feel, as how much money I'm saving. The musquiteers are an awesome group, and I must say welcome Stan, and let these wonderful young ladies lead you through. They're my inspiration. Goofy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
16 years ago 0 41 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bear and sprquits thank you for the invite. I have to tell you, I'm not a fan of the 3 musketeers so I had to google D'artagnan.LOL I would be proud to fight with any of you quiters. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/31/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 420 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
16 years ago 0 153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey OMT, I had quit 13 years ago :P. I know... how stupid can you be to start again after that long. The thing is I also had quit mainly because my current ex was completely against smoking and to have someone so against it in your life everyday does help keep you away from it. Anyway, I'm going through a divorce now and when things exploded I felt like I was 17 again and could go back to my old self. For some strange reason that included picking up smoking again :P Fool! I didn't think I would get hooked again because it had been so long I was a non-smoker and I used to have such an aversion to it. Well... it started as social smoking and ended 10 days ago when I had gone back to smoking 15 a day and wondering what the heck I was doing, not feeling in control of my life. 10 days have passed and it is getting better every day. From the first time I quit I remember the 3 month mark... I remember one day thinking wow it's been three months! And thinking even though I'm having coffee w/ my buddies (all of them smoked) I don't want to have one. That was a good feeling. After that I only remember puffing again from a friend's cig one night when we were pretty drunk and I felt gross and coughed a lot when I did it... it was like the first one, so I didn't even like it. Until this past year... but eh, it was one year of relapse and nothing more. We'll help you out when you reach that 3 month line :) keep strong buddy! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
16 years ago 0 153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
yeah Stan, you could be our D'artagnan :) All for one and one for all hehehehe. we'll fight it together! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37

Reading this thread: