Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,661 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ, Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA

JDK Smokefree Diary / General Thread

16 years ago 0 1113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi freemom, aloha & shakes. Bryan Adams, that be the one :) Theres also a Ryan Adams you know. A bit more rocky I think. Bryan Adams and Mel C, who'd have thought that combination would work? Aloha, that is a severely good idea you have there. However, given that I have already been on and off the horse many times this week already (enough to work for a rodeo), I think that Unhooked would be inundated with messages :) I've made a couple of decisions of course, which might be vitally important. 1) I will not set my counter until I have more than 3 days under my belt (cold turkey) 2) Only very short breaks in between tries, less than a week for sure. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -925 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �-155.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -396965
16 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'll second that declaration, Aloha! BTW: it's Bryan Adams, Kev. So sad that I know that. "Everything I do...I do it for you..." Boy, I really didn't need that in my head! ;) --Shakes [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 980 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $441.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i had a lot of fun in the summer of 69 too...before i was smoking : ) ok Kev and Unhooked...i hereby declare you quit buddies! Neither of you can smoke without talking to the other first..deal? lol..i am so bossy.....you can say no deal if you want -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,520 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $428.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
16 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Kev. The last time I tried to post to you in this thread my computer froze up and almost died! So, with a bit of fear I try again. Glad to see you've gotten back on your quit. Hope it's going smoothly. I'm tired and calling it a night. Talk to you tomorrow! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 660 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $224.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
  • Quit Meter

$119,599.74

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6404 Hours: 15

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 533 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There HE IS! Yeah Kev! Good to see ya posting! Hey I haven't heard back from ya--But from seeing your posts and stats it seems like your hanging in there. I am glad to see it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 540 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $121.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 1113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think so too Unhooked. Look out for appearances of the nozzle thingy too. All I can say is Robin Hood : Prince of theives was responsible for having one of the longest ever #1's in english pop chart history. A Canadian named something Adams. Whom also seemed to have a lot of fun in the summer of '69 :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 25 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �4.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry,JDK, I got so excited for a chance to be witty, I didn't reply to the first part of your message. Excuse me please, thank you, so sorry. No one actually told me about the ship & the beach but I figured it out from reading the stats parade. 50 days still seems pretty far away, I'm working pretty hard on 10, which is why I'm still up at this hour. I will do it, I just can't look that far ahead yet. If you have ever quit before or if you have ever had a craving that you couldn't immediately feed, you can be of help to someone, regardless of your quit days. I think we're going to be friends, JDK! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $88.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There's Canadian Music & an English sense of humour??? I learn so much here. ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $88.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
p.s. Theres quite a few Canadians on here. I even had a discussion about the merits of Canadian music on the global stage on IM. The Canadian sense of humour and the english sense of humour isn't far apart at all! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 25 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �4.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
Yes, its really cool. They had an oldies reunion a while ago. And it was suprising how many were lurking. I am planning to do the same. I am sure I can give as much as I get from here. But I have to have a good few days before giving advice. They told you about the ship and the beach right? I keep a constant eye here, but often have posting issues which means my essays get shortened to 5 words. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 25 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �4.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57

This thread is locked.

Reading this thread: