Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

JDK Smokefree Diary / General Thread

16 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok - How about Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb? I love that song, but if you listen to the words it's all about addiction and using it to escape from reality, pain, stress,etc... Makes it more clear how we used our legal drug to avoid dealing with life. The song is a lesson in how not to deal! Anyway, just popping in to say hi. Kev, so glad to see you back on your quit. Now you have to update your quit meter! (((Hugs))) - Freemom [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 744 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $252.96 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

$119,589.21

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6403 Hours: 22

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 533 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
what song comes to mind right now to me....... You big disgrace....Cigs are a disgrace...but what does disgrace mean? hmmmm...... well, (dis�grace /d?s'gre?s/ �noun 1. the loss of respect, honor, or esteem; ignominy; shame: the disgrace of criminals. 2. a person, act, or thing that causes shame, reproach, or dishonor or is dishonorable or shameful. 3. the state of being out of favor; exclusion from favor, confidence, or trust: courtiers and ministers in disgrace. �verb (used with object) 4. to bring or reflect shame or reproach upon: to be disgraced by cowardice. 5. to dismiss with discredit; put out of grace or favor; rebuke or humiliate: to be disgraced at court.) somebody better put you back into your place... (putting them in the trash) singing.......WE WILL WE WILL ROCK YOU....(more like kickin ash!) everybody now.....we will we will rock you!( KICK ASH!) Lol sing till your hearts desire....or till the crave is gone! keep the quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $162.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
16 years ago 0 1113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ah, I know those bands. But didn't know the songs. Yes, you got it. Pink Floyd. One of the more emotive bands I have heard. Their light show is better than paying out for lase surgery :) Indeed I am resorting to singing at work to keep me from doing what I don't want to do. Don't know how long it will work for. I wonder if anyone else has singing as a coping strategy? I doubt it. I now have Daphne & Celeste in my head again. Anyone remember them? A pop version of Shampoo (who incidentally were a hit in Japan) without the punkiness. Kev [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -775 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �-130.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -330803
16 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well Kev, you are probably too young for my references: 1)Gerry and the Pacemakers 2)Annie 3)Rolling Stones You are a Pink Floyd fan, I take it? I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun. Ok, if you keep singin', you can't smoke! Nance [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 105 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $509.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
Hi Nance, Theres a musical reference in there and I am trying to work it out. I am a walking jukebox after all. Anything pre-80's though and I might be stuck (yes I am 31). However, saying that. Here's what I am singing at the moment. Any ideas? The lunatic is in my head The lunatic is in my head You raise the blade, you make the change You re-arrange me till Im sane You lock the door And throw away the key Theres someone in my head but its not me Kinda sums me up at the moment :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -775 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �-130.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -331562
16 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't let the sun catch ya cryin' The sun will come out, tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun... Here comes your nineteenth nervous breakdown Nance PS I sure hope you are old enough to remember.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 105 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $509.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
Unhooked, you're on here as much as me :) . Laying on the couch sound like a suberb option, unfortunately I don't think my boss would be too happy about it :) Yep, I am on the earlies this week. When I actually do have to chance to get on the couch, I still on some chillout or some sunny braindead childrens tv and voila! no craves. I made the decision to book a week holiday next week. So now you know what I will be doing next week. For sure I will not be thinking about work :) That is if I manage to get it off. Looking at the positives and not the negatives at the moment [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -775 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �-130.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -333411
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kev, a lot of us have that problem with the weather. It helps me not to fight it. I have comfort food, get my flannel jammies & a blanket on the couch, go to bed early. Whatever you feel like doing in yucky weather, just do that. The sun has always come out before & it will again. "Raindrops keep falling on my head But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin red, cryins not for me. I'll never stop the rain by complainin. Because I'm free, I know, nothin's worryin me". Hang in, Kev. We don't smoke anymore. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 340 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $187.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
Safe to say that today is nothing like yesterday. But I am fighting still. I have a feeling the weather has a lot effect on my mood and my mood has a lot of effect on my quit. ... yes it is grey and rainy today. CSQ : 80/100 Crave : 40/100 Tune of the day : D12 'Fighting music' [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -775 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �-130.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -333870
Hi gen, Good to see you too!! Its a nice sunny day down here. The first for a while. Just chillin out to some er chillout music. Pat, I promise .. 5 posts. And that sea still looks really rough! Sue, thanks for the post. If only you knew my diet you would be horrified I think :) Fruit and vegetables..can't stand em. Now cheese on the other hand... Still feeling fine btw, will be interesting to see how I am tomorrow afternoon. CSQ : 100/100 Crave : 0/100 Ok, Phil am joining the tuesday parade now. Had thought about joining it on Wednesday just to throw you off. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �-134.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -339675

This thread is locked.

Reading this thread: