Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,506 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

APRIL quitters !

17 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm an April quitter too. Quit on the 19th, after 15 days of Chantix. (I just wasn't ready on day 8.) Congrats to all of you APRIL ASHKICKERS! Together, we are strong! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 317 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
  • Quit Meter

$113,522.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6615 Hours: 21

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Red]Yippeeeee.... Thank you Kev ! 3 weeks - 21 whole days smoke free :) HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY ! ! ! ! ! And a big congrats to Mike .. 2 weeks - 14 whole days smoke free :) J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 532 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $215.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 1113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jean, Congrats on hitting three weeks!! Thats an awesome stat. April Ashkickers rock! Kev [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 231 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �37.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
[color=Purple]OHHHHHHHH YES Mike we are hitting another milestone tomorrow hon :) YES..I'm am so totally in for a walk and pizza ! YUMMMMMMMMY ! ! ! ! :p J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 513 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $205 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 106 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ki, thanks so much for your post letting us know how you're doing. Sounds like you have the determination that will take you all the way this time. I'm happy for you! Jean, I'm glad you're having a much better day today! Three tremendous weeks for you tomorrow! Two tumultuous, terrific, weeks for me tomorrow! Let's celebrate with a long walk (then pizza! :eg: ) Mike [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 269 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
[color=Red]p.s. ---------- thanks Mr Ed for your support :) J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 509 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $205 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
[color=Red]Big welcome to Grandma ! :) Wow there are so many wonderful attitudes here with the [b]APRIL ASHKICKER'S ![/b] Coming here makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :p I think speaking from a personal level, that attitude is everything. And yes, we do hit some low points, cravings that won't let up, mood swings etc etc.. but hey, NO ONE said this would be a walk in the park ! Ki and Mike you both sound like you're doing beautifully in your non smoking quest.. SO happy for everyone here ! My day is SOOOOOOOOO much better than it was yesterday :) Everyone here has there very own way of kicking ash - Everyone's quit is so unique and we're doing it folks ! YIPPPPPEEEEEEEEEE FOR US ! Have a great day :) J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 509 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $205 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, all, and welcome Banana, Unpacked, Stubz and Grandma! I'm still hanging in there with minimal problems. I started this journey using Wellbutrin and patches. By Day 4 my hands, arms, and head were shaking uncontrollably, and my doctor reduced the Wellbutrin to a half dose. At the same time I decided to stop using the patch. If my math is correct, the 21mg patch is the equivalent of about 11 cigarettes at 1.8mg each. Since I was smoking 40 cigarettes a day, I decided the step down to 21mg was so big that I might as well go all the way down to 0mg. The change worked out fine, and I can't say there was any difference in craves or withdrawal symptons. Yesterday I decided to stop taking the Wellbutrin because I don't like the way it makes me feel and I am frightened by the many warnings and cautions the drug carries. I will finish this job cold turkey. I figure I am through the worst of withdrawal by now, and I quit cold turkey the last time for a whole year. (Still kicking myself for the relapse.) Meanwhile, I will see my doctor next week to review progress and health. It feels wonderful to be clean again, and for right now that seems to be the most important motivator for me. I see the difference in the mirror, and I hear the difference in my voice. My house smells clean and fresh, and I have more energy and stamina. Focusing on these changes gives me strength to fight this nasty, dangerous, and ugly old habit. Good luck you fabulous ashkickers, and congratulations on your excellent progress! Karen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 733 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
well done to you all! Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 435 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,060 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �3262.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 70 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 106 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Everyone, Here's my update (partially copied from another post so I can be lazy at 2:00 AM): I've been lurking recently for the most part as time allows because I had a full weekend spending time with my better half and also hanging out with my grandson on Saturday. Also, I've been kind of "blah" feeling mentally the last few days within myself. Not terrible, just not really "up". So I've been reading my current novel a lot and catching up on sleep, which is actually kind of luxurious, not really a negative thing. I suspect this is yet another phase of the quit process, so I'm just "going with the flow" for a few days and see how I feel then. I've had some itchin' here and there but I ain't scratchin' and that's the important thing! Less than 36 hours until I can celebrate 2 weeks tobacco free! Jean, I'm so sorry yesterday was so rough for you. I'm believin' that today will be better (fingers, arms, legs and eyes crossed!). Lou P Lou, you and your boyfriend [color=Red]R[/color][color=Green]O[/color][color=Navy]C[/color][color=Maroon]K[/color][color=Orange]!!!!![/color] I'm so happy for you both how you're making this work together! Congratulations! Banana, Unpacked, Stubz and Grandma, thanks so much for joining our group. There's been some serious ashkickin' going on around here this month. Dawya, all the best to you! Better days ahead!!! I've kind of amazed myself with how things are going. My family is so happy. My wife is beside herself (never smoked). The latest is she says I've stopped my loud snoring since I quit. Just one positive benefit after another! Thanks, gals and guys! I think posting here just raised my dopamine level! :p Mike [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 263 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16

This thread is locked.

Reading this thread: