Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,507 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

APRIL quitters !

17 years ago 0 126 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI,EVERYBODY I have slipped a little on my march quit and will be staring fresh again today.This time is it for me ,I will do it. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE,SMOKING STINKS [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's wonderful, Mike! You made the right choice. I think you're starting this thing on the right foot and with a heck of a good attitude! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 938 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $342.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 106 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just gave myself a double reward as a begin my second day as a non-smoker. I drove into town and bought a McDonald's breakfast (so I don't have to cook) and a newspaper. It was a double reward because normally on a quit attempt this would be the point at which I drove into town and bought cigarettes because "I just can't get through the morning". So just feeling safe with myself to walk into a convenience store was an even bigger reward than the breakfast. And don't start thinking, this guy is going to gain 100 pounds on his quit. I won't. Maybe 15 or so ;) but that's OK. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 30 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Blue]Yes ! I just read what Danielle mentioned about the program tools to the left of this page. I made a point of working with these tools before I even quit.. step by step and I have found it to be of tremendous use. Also I keep a quit diary. Just a little book reserved just for my non smoker's days - how I feel, time of a crave, ways to beat the crave; distractions etc. and I've found it to be very useful as well. Plus you can refer back to a day and compare notes :) I also found that the reward system is something I totally agree with. Some people don't see the need but for myself, on a personal level, I am going to reward myself along the way. So, for week one I've gone out and purchased a bottle of body mist for myself.. MMMMMmmmmmm.. smells soooooo pretty :) Smelling so MUCH better now as a non smoker .. Bet you do too huh ? Have a super day all ! J xo[/color] [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 211 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $82 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Lou P Lou! We will look for you on the 18th! Let us know if you need any help preparing or have any questions. Mike12000 & JDK, Welcome to you both and congratulations on quitting! Our April club is filling up fast! Please take the time to work through the online quit program if you haven't already done so. It's a great tool that can help you plan and prepare for cravings and other triggers. Keep us posted! Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team
Hi All, Coming up on the 24 hour mark. Doing good. Woke up. As ususal my first thought was thought: "Have a smoke". I just reminded myself, "Remember, you don't do that anymore". Feels good. Bingo, Thanks for joining us here. Big one year anniversary coming up! That's my big milestone: one year. I've read you've got to have seen all the seasons before you let your guard down too much about being a non-smoker. So I'm focused on today, but also on the 12 and 18 month goals. What you wrote is PERFECT!!! I've never read it before: "Remember - I'd always rather be an ex-smoker with an occasional desire for a cigarette than a smoker with a constant desire to quit!" Thanks All, Mike P.S. JDK!! You're here! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 28 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[b]APRIL '07 ASHKICKER'S [/b] are growing by leaps and bounds ! Welcome aboard LouPLou, you can still post here hon prior to quitting :) Mike and JDK welcome ! Post often ! We're all here for one reason.. We are ALL NON SMOKER'S ! So let's celebrate our quits and go in with lots of positive thoughts :) Thank you so much Bingo - visit us often and please share your wisdom and inspiration :) [b]WE ROCK ! ! ! ! ![/b] J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 207 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $82 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Woo Hoo!! [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c157/bingo969/Smilies/woohoo.gif[/IMG] It's really awesome to see another round of April Quitters! [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c157/bingo969/Smilies/wave.gif[/IMG] Just know that us previous April Quitters are here to support you (And carry you and drag you if need be) through this. You CAN do this. You CAN get through those impossible-seeming times. You are stronger than some stupid little paper tube of crushed-up tobacco. By the way, Starburst Fruit Chews were my weapon of choice. They worked great for me and I always suggest them. You are all doing great. Keep it up. Remember - I'd always rather be an ex-smoker with an [b]occasional[/b] desire for a cigarette than a smoker with a [b]constant[/b] desire to quit! [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c157/bingo969/Smilies/thumbsup.gif[/IMG] Ya'll take care and don't hestitate a moment to give a shout out if you need something! Bingo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 354 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,085 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1062 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 1113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Count me in too. I am an April Quitter and only slightly behind Mike in posting and quitting. Kind Regards Kev [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 25 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �4.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
OK, I've migrated from the Ashkickers (I like that name too!). Finally, got this new life started, I'm 13 hours smoke free and lovin' the feeling! I was outside briefly at work tonight, a time when I routinely smoke and I had the thought, "So this is what personal power feels like." LouPLou, I'm on day 12 of Chantix and I wasn't sure even up to yesterday whether it would help at all. But this has really been different than my other 5,642 ;p quits. I think about cigarettes a lot, but it's more of an acute awareness that I used to smoke and now I'm not rather than a craving. In fact, I bought a paper at a convenience store earlier today and the woman in front of me bought smokes and I thought "Glad I'm not going to buy any". Last week I had 3 or 4 days of intense crabbiness/depression. I've got stressors in my life, so I wasn't sure, but I now think I was going through the physical withdrawal from smoking on Chantix while still smoking a pack a day!!!! So now I've got to watch out for the psychological traps. So, LouPLou, you may be in for a less rocky road than on other attempts. Let's just not let our guard down! Jean49, Duck, Dawya, Sparky, Mavawsc: a BIG congratulations to you on your quits. Thanks for being here to keep me company on this wonderful journey of change I've been wanting to make for decades. Be back soon, Mike [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 22 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27

This thread is locked.

Reading this thread: