Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,503 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr

APRIL quitters !

17 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BINGO ! Thank you so much for your inspiring post :) And.. omg !!!! All that food you mentioned.. I'm drooling.. :p You big tease you ! LOL ! I've read that thread you left .. and I hope the rest of the April quitters will also give it a read :) Have yourself a great weekend and thanks again for dropping in ! J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 232 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $92.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning my fellow April folks! Just swinging by to bring ya'll some water and some biscuits for breakfast. Us Southern boys swear by the biscuit, so I figured I'd share. Some sausage, some egg, some cheese all stuffed on a biscuit is good enough to cure any ill! :) You are all doing OUTSTANDING! It's great to see how well you are doing - really. Stand up, be proud of every last hour, minute and second you've got under your wing. Revel in your FREEDOM. Realize that cravings will come and that's OKAY. That's just the nicodemen struggling since he knows he's on the way out. Rejoice in those craves. Be ready for them. Embrace them and OWN them. Have your support of choice nearby, be it a straw, Starburst, hard candy, an 18guage compressed air nail gun, whatever! Here's a link to a thread that really helped me a LOT. I printed this thing out and kept it hanging right in front of me at work: [url=http://www.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?topic=28384&forum=12] Junkie Thinking Thread[/url] You are all just AWESOME! April Quitters ROCK! Be Proud! Not One Puff Ever - N.O.P.E. Bingo [i]"I'd rather be an ex-smoker with an occasional desire for a cigarette than a smoker with a constant desire to quit."[/i] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 355 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,105 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1065 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
[color=Red]Good morning ASHKICKER'S ! ! ! ! It's Friday the 13th... I deem it a GOOD LUCK DAY ! :)[/color] Hello funnybunny ! Well you must be in day 3 now (post your stats hon) :) You handled yesterday perfectly ! Good for you. No matter what happens in our lives, stress factors etc. will not change if we smoke. You came through with flying colours.. Proud of you ! dawya you're in day 6 this morning - Congrats ! MMMMMmmmmmm... love McDonald's :) Good thing I don't live near one else I'd be buying new clothes every other week..LOL ! Before we know it the rain will stop and planting will be right around the corner :) :) Mike, you can NOW begin counting the days - WOOO HOOO ! You now have 2 days smoke free :) Congrats ! Good to know that you can't smoke in the workplace and I understand you re the 'buddy system' while quitting. It's a big help to have a real person right there with you to lean on while they lean on you to go through this life changing event. But don't forget you have all of us here... We're all in the very early stages of being non smoker's and we should all be very proud of ourselves ! We are doing something for ourselves which is positive in every way possible. We are here for one another to lean on whether it be here in this thread or on other threads. Our lives will change on a daily basis. Some days better than other's - but at the end of each day we CELEBRATE that we conquered that nicodemon one more day ! I'm just so PROUD OF US ALL ! Now c'mon... [b]Let's KICK ASH today and STAND PROUD ! :) Carry this throughout the weekend and CELEBRATE the freedom ![/b] J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 229 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $92.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 106 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi All, Almost 37 hours and doing OK. Looking forward to counting in days, than weeks instead of hours. Thinking how long I've been a ex-smoker is a big reward for me in and of itself. Getting the craves at times but they're manageable so far this time around. If I start having trouble, I'll be coming here for a shoulder to lean on. This board helps SO much! Jean, they don't allow smoking in my workplace. We used to smoke outside at break and lunch. Tonight I took a walk around the parking lot at break. Thanks for mentioning that I own my quit, I know it's my thing, for me and by me. Anyway he's still not smoking. It would just be nice for both of us if we can "buddy" through this together, but I'm not going back there no matter what he chooses. Good Night All, Mike [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 42 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome aboard Smokey! Congratulations funnybunny on 2 days and dawya on 6! Go Ashkickers! Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well I am coming up on day 6 and still hanging on, there are some cravings but I am beating them. Mike I liked the McDonalds breakfast reward, I work for a Mcdonalds and you can't beat those breakfasts. lol I rewarded myself with flowers to plant in my garden, now if it will quit raining. :( congrags to everyone that have hung on, I have been there before with one 5 year quit and a failed second try at 7 days. But this forum is a great help and I am going to make it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/7/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 222 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi fellow April quitters! I have two days under my belt and working on three. This morning was rough... computer crashed (and i work from home on it), husband was in a bad mood, then dog ran away... but I didn't cave!!!!! I am so happy, I kinda thought what's the point, but dug in and remembered it wasn't going to make anything better, it would just add problems to the rest. I am usually a lurker, but I may be posting more in this forum because this is a life changing event. Congrats to everyone on their quits!!! Good luck to those nearing a quit!
Hiya Smokey :) Greeting you with open arms and so happy that you've chosen to join us ! And you're perfectly right SMOKING DOES STINK ! Mike - hoping all goes well at work. Don't forget though that you own your own quit k? If your co worker is smoking or whatever you have turn to your coping tools and be strong ! Btw, smoking is allowed IN the workplace? Hey Kat, cold turkey.. wow ! Congrats on 10 days smoke free ! :) And welcome to April's quitters ! :) Today was a very good day. Had some craves which were like riding a huge rollercoaster at an amusement park.. BUT I beat that crave with all that I had ! I CRUSHED THAT LITTLE DEMON and kicked it to the curb. I went for a long walk which always helps me. Walking briskly, taking in deep breaths and repeating over and over again "I AM A NON SMOKER !" By the time I got home I was beat.. So I layed down for a little while and just rested. Now feeling pretty good :) [b]APRIL '07 ASHKICKER'S RULE ! ! ! ![/b] J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 216 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $82 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great idea Jean, I am on day 10, going cold turkey this time. I'd like to be another April shoulder to lean on. kat [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 192 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 106 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smokey, Glad you're here with us! Wishing you success in your fight to have a better, healthier, less stinky life ;p. 26 hours for me. Time to go to work. Hope my co-worker, the only one at work that smokes, is doing OK in his 2nd day of quitting! It just makes it all that much easier right now if he isn't smoking... Mike [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 32 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30

This thread is locked.

Reading this thread: