Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,507 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

APRIL quitters !

17 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is the worse morning yet for unbelievable cravings! The worse time of day seem to be 1st thing in the morning, after dinner and then around 8 p.m. or so... but in the last hour they have been baddddddddddddd... I've found that walking really helps.. long walks, but it's still dark outside - will have to wait until the sun rises. What do you do to help with the cravings? What are your distractions? Let's share... J xo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 254 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $102.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good evening Ashkickers! You're all doing so great! Congrats to Duck on passing that huge 5 hour test! Funnybunny, No desire and a quitting hubby. Two victories today! Mike, Glad to hear your funk is lifting. Don't be too hard on yourself. It will take some time and the first week is the hardest. Hang in there and reward yourself for each and everyday accomplished! Keep us posted. Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww Lake ! Thanks so much for your support :) LOVE your stats :) WOOO HOOO ! J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 242 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $92.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
Hey mav, great visual you have going ! Imagery and visuals can be a very powerful tool :) And look at you with your 12 days smoke free ! Congrats :) Oh funnybunny.. Terrific on a few issues ... You had no desire this morning - that's SUPER ! AND hubby quit last night ! SUPER DUPER ! BIG HIGH FIVE TO THE BOTH OF YOU :) Oh my god Mike - Ground hog day is one of my favourite movies.. Bill Murray is just too funny ! It's not ONLY day 3 hon.. Don't minimize a minute, an hour, a day of being smoke free. Embrace each one and congratulate yourself often because you so deserve it! And yes it is a "big mental tug of war" and you're going to beat it down every day. And yes, it's tiring - BUT IT'S WORTH IT because you are fighting for your life - LITERALLY ! We are finally doing what we should have done a long time ago.. but that is the past and we are here NOW in the present and that's what we are giving to ourselves.. a PRESENT.. a wonderful GIFT of being smoke free ! I just love this wonderful group of [b]APRIL ASHKICKER'S ! WE REALLY DO ROCK ! WE ARE NUMBER 1 :) :) :)[/b] Wishing everyone a most wonderful weekend.. Will be checking in often. And just in case you're wondering - "Does Jean HAVE a life?" LOL.. yes I most certainly do but being here helps me so much :) J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 241 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $92.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
YEEEEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!! APRIL QUITTERS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 376 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,063 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2256 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 55 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 106 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning All, Woke up this morning instantly thinking of smoking a cigarette (by habit), got me kind of down when I realized it was a strong craving I had to deal with. I kind of felt like Bill Murray waking up in the movie Groundhog Day, if you can relate. I know it's only day 3 but that's how I felt. Anyway, I got on the thread here, read what you all have posted this morning and my funk is lifting. Thank you, my friends. I am so looking forward to not smoking being an unconscious thing, instead of this hypervigilant awareness that I've had since I quit. Don't get me wrong, it's all so worth it. It's just such a big mental tug of war. IN WHICH THE NICODEMON HAS NO CHANCE!!!!! :mad: Sounds like everyone that's posting is doing well. Life is getting better for all of us everyday. Our health is improving under our skins little by little everyday. Our brains are developing new patterns of habit and the old imprints are weakening day by day. We're actually finally doing this! Can you believe you're finally doing what you've dreamed of doing so many times but didn't, because you felt you couldn't!! Well, now you are! That's something to be proud of! That's something to celebrate! Thanks for being here, Mike P.S. No McDonalds this morning. I'm being good (for now) and eating some multi-grain cereal! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 49 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning All! I guess I am a bit later the everone being on the west coast of US. Today woke up and had no desire to go outside for a puff. I know there will be more days with cravings, but every one i miss is a blessing. Other good news, my hubby decided to quit last night! That will make it soooo much easier for me. I downloaded a meter for him, so we can see our combined savings. Congrats everyone and heres to our new healthy lifestyle! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/10/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 137 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Duck, Great job I am right there with you! All of you, keep up the good work. I keep putting all the things I love in one hand (kids,wife family) and the unlit butt in the other. Visual of which one weighs more helps me through the urges! If you folks make it so can I! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 148 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
Duck that was a HUGE test and congratulations on a job well done ! You have a good weekend too :) Ok.. I'm off for the rest of the day. Out to do some shopping, walking and more walking lol ! Bye for now............... my fellow [b]ASHKICKER'S ![/b] J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 232 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $92.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow - I've been gone for a day and when I got back on this site I saw so many new APRIL ASHKICKERS. Welcome all. I passed a big test yesterday. I had an out-of-town meeting. I was in my vehicle for over 5 hours without a smoke. Usually, I couldn't even think of driving somewhere withot smoking but actually it wasn't too bad. I chew on stir straws and gum. When I got to the meeting I didn't have to think of how bad I smelled from smoking those disgusting cigs. Have a good smoke free weekend. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 246 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $51.24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40

This thread is locked.

Reading this thread: