Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,506 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

APRIL quitters !

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Angela, Welcome and way to go! Delaying is a good way to prep for your quit! Keep it up and don't forget to pat yourself on the back. Even a 1 minute delay should be celebrated because it indicates progress! Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all! Day 1 of Chantix here. If I stick to the "1 week and quit" program, I'll be an April quitter too! Today, I'm just trying to focus on going longer between each smoke and hoping this works. I'm so tired of smoking. I think these boards will help. I don't smoke in my home so if I'm sitting here reading, I'm not out there smoking! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 106 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi All, Welcome Ki! 9 days free of smoking is fantastic! Looking forward to acheiving 5 right now. Glad you're here with us kickin' ash! Here's my quit-related "to do" list right now: 1) Wash all worn/dirty clothes, including coats, so I'll now have a smoke-free wardrobe. 2) Buy some Crest Whitestrips. Get the stains off my teeth. Then when I have some small surface decay filled on my teeth in a few months, they'll use a lighter shade to match my non-smoking teeth! 3) Write a letter to my insurance agent officially telling the life insurance company I'm now a non-smoker. I believe I have to be a non-smoker for 2 years before I get lower life insurance rates. My agent suggested that I do this when we talked about it, probably TEN years ago! :gasp: Anywhoo, just thought I write that out for myself and that I might as well share it with you all. Hope you're all having a great Sunday! Mike [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 90 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $14 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the [b]April Ashkickers ![/b] Ki ! Congrats on your 9 days smoke free ! :) Did you check out the program tools to the left of this page? They have been instrumental in my quit... Also do lots of reading and always feel free to be open and honest throughout the site ! Whenever you need someone to vent, rant, rave or simply to let us know how well you're doing there are many member's who will respond. This site has helped me out so much - Lots of support and inspiration :) Have a great day and once again - WELCOME ! J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 286 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello and congratulations, April Ashkickers! Please count me in! After 40 years of 2 packs a day (except for one year smoke free in 2000), it is a remarkable delight to know my body is healing. There won't be a lapse this time, and I am already enjoying a clear voice, waking refreshed and alert and smoke-free each morning, and spending time with smoke-free friends. I look forward to sharing my quit with you, and I appreciate all the openness and sincerity in the discussions. Keep up the excellent work! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 375 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
A great big thumbs up ! All is well today :) Yesterday was a huge test and I got through it with lots of support ! Mike and dawya you're both sounding good :) Yes Mike I'm a big Jay's fan... find watching a ball game to be very relaxing ! Have a great Sunday everyone ! J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 283 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Checking in and all is well here,some cravings but I am determined to win so onward I go. Now there is some weight gain but I can handle that for now. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/7/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 304 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 106 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jean and all, A quick check-in. Sorry you had such a rough first part of the day, Jean. Wish I had been around to communicate with. I'm doing great. Thoughts and cravings are manageable. 78 hours of freedom! Woo hoo. I'm just spending the day with my wife. We work opposite schedules and are apart all week. BTW, she's never smoked. She's very happy about my new choice. Fun to see you're a Blue Jays fan, Jean. We're settling in to watch the Cardinals. I've got Aaron Hill on my fantasy team. I really hope tonight and tomorrow are easier for you. Hope everyone is enjoing their smoke free weekend!!!! Mike [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 76 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
How are my fellow [b]April '07 Ashkickers[/b] doing today ? J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 269 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $102.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
Well it got sooooooo bad this morning that I posted in the Coping with Cravings thread and aloha and tutti and phil came to my rescue! I took a long hot shower, got dressed and went for a very long walk..thankfully the rollercoaster of cravings stopped and I passed yet another test :) Am exhausted, however, I survived it and now I will have some lunch and then settle in to watch the Blue Jay game at 1 p.m. Hope you're all doing well and have a super day :) J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 259 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $102.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7

This thread is locked.

Reading this thread: