Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

APRIL quitters !

16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lou P Lou & Cat, Congrats on three weeks! Shakes, Congrats on five weeks smoke free! Banana, Start preparing for your step down as some quitters do experience a few days of adjustment. Keep persevering Ashkickers! You're all doing so great! Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
16 years ago 0 238 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello fellow April Ashkickers, you ALL are doing marvelous with your quits. It takes more than a little determination to face the demon & win! But we're doing it :) I am happily into my 6th week, smoke free & am looking forward to stepping down on the patch this weekend. People around me are surprised & very happy for me when they find out how long it has been. No one really thought I would do it. Have a great smoke free day ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 956 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $308.18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
16 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hollah! Just letting you know, Lou P. Lou, I'm still here, still strong, and still MAD...in the good way. I just finished my FIFTH week!!!!!! :8|: --Shakes[color=Maroon]Text[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 699 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $306 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
16 years ago 0 706 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey there Cat... you sound great and your stats are looking awesome!!! What's this I see? You will be 3 weeks smoke free tomorrow! That is awesome! You quit the same day my boyfriend did!!! I really like the self talk idea. I have been telling myself, "Smoking isn't an option anymore." Or "You are a non-smoker now." But I like that twist... Thanks for checking in.. I was just curious to see how all the April Ashkickers are doing... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 326 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
16 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lou P Lou. I'm doing great! I've had a really hectic & stressful day and my only cigarette thoughts have been: How did I ever have time to smoke? (Thanks Chantix) This week has been particularly good. I had a friend tell me that whenever she thought about a cigarette, she'd say to herself "Well, now that's stupid. You don't smoke anymore!" I have started to use that and it makes me smile every time. I'll proudly display my stats and go right back to work. (Gee, when you own your own business, you can work whatever hours you want.... I didn't know that would mean I'd want to work 12 hour a day.) Be happy! Be Proud! We're doing an amazing thing! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,038 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $200 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
  • Quit Meter

$113,545.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6617 Hours: 4

Minutes: 43 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Roll call... who's out there and how are you doing? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 326 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
Shakes.. thank you. I felt good going to bed knowing that as rough as things got, I made it through it without smoking. Yes, anger can be a bad thing when it is not handled right. And you are right, it isn't always bad. In this situation I see it as an eye opener. For the first time since I have been smoking I finally laid the blame where it belongs and realized that cigs have a hold on me that I do not like. Therefore, no matter what I have to show this addiction who is in control. I am in control of this. I decide what happens and therefore it has no control anymore. Now, if I can just get rid of the thoughts I will have it made. Granted I don't think about smoking as often as I did in my first week... but they still creep up on me. I tell ya... quitting smoking is a journey... and I am so thankful to have all of you here with me on this one. Thank you all... Well, today is my 3rd week smoke free... I can't believe it. It seems like yesterday that I smoked my last cig. Feels good to be free of it! My clothes smell better, my hair smells better, my car smells better.. I feel better.. wow, wish I had done this long long ago! Hope everyone else is doing well.. take care and talk to you all again soon. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 326 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
16 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lou P Lou, Whew! You got through that one; congratulations! Those are tough days this early in our quits. But I think your reaction to it is perfect! Yeah, get mad at the addiction! That's something I've been working on in therapy, actually. I've always had such an even temper. I never allow myself to reach anger. I was afraid of my anger. Yes, anger can be bad, but I'm learning that it isn't always. Sometimes it's very freeing. I'm angry at cigarettes! Angry at my addiction! Not angry at myself, quite the contrary. I love myself more than ever; I am worth quitting and all the pain and bad days that quitting brings. I remind myself every time I have a bad day: "when I get through this day I will be stronger than yesterday!" Not that it doeasn't totally suck! But it's true, Lou P. Lou, you are stronger than yesterday. I'm proud to be quitting beside you. --Shakes [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 680 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $306 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
Well, knew it had to happen. Things having been going along so good.. and boy have I enjoyed it. Then today, well we will just say it hasn't been so awesome. The first day at work that I had to deal with a few things that are real triggers. Then had some family issues after work... lets just say I have teenagers, 'nough said there. LOL! My friend at work went back to smoking and went out on our breaks, but I didn't. The old thoughts came back on my way home from work. "You are having problems, what's so wrong with smoking? Why quit?" Well, instead of thinking about that I thought about the issues at hand and got home without stopping at the store. Then, after getting home and dealing with the problems at hand, I think I could have ate a pack of cigs if I had them. I once again thought about other things and got through it all. So, I am still smoke free... Smoking is not an option. Quiting is the best thing I have done in a very long time. I am taking it all one day at a time, and as for today... one second at at time. I am just so very thankful that I have had so many good days... and so many more good days to come. BUT, with all of that said... I am very angry. Angry at the hold that this addiction has on me. Angry that when facing things like today that my first thought is of smoking. Little does this addiction know, but I am taking control!!! I will win this one!!! Hope everyone is doing well... Take care everyone and thank you all so much for being here. It is great to be able to come here and let my feelings out. It is a major aid in my quit! Thanks! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 314 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
16 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You all are sounding like you're doing a great job :) I'm sure you are all so proud of yourselves and so you should be ! I'm going through a rough patch right now in my personal life so I'm struggling. I'll check in when I can, but I need to get through this by keeping busy inside and outside the home. Take good care and keep up your great attitudes.... J [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 867 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $348.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8

This thread is locked.

Reading this thread: