Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,507 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

APRIL quitters !

17 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Laughing my butt off at your Forest Gump story Mike..it's TRUE! Start walking and never stop.. We would have to send out the police to look for you...LOL!! Maybe find you in a shower stall in a conservation park tapping your head and saying outloud... "We don't smoke anymore!"..OH that IS too funny! Have to get your wife to take you home and hand you some munchies to calm you down... I'm havin' fun with this one! But seriously Mike if that's a way to get through the cravings then do whatever it takes no matter how crazy it seems to be :) Because SMOKING IS NOT AN OPTION ! AAAAaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww Bingo.. Love your post and your incredible support for all of us April Ashkickers! :) :) Loving your stats... In one week you'll be one whole year smoke free ! WOW !! Hiya Endit :) I know exactly what you mean.. It seemed that a cig was priceless to us.. now that's all just a bad memory. Smelling good, taste buds returning to normal, teeth getting whiter, lungs healing, skin looks fresher and rosier etc.. NOW THAT'S PRICELESS ! J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 311 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $123 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Talking about not having Cig, I remember a time when I left my house and realized I had left my cig at home. I went into a shear panic because I did not have any Cigs. It was like I lost my wallet with $1000 in it. It is unbelievable that something has that much control over you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 503 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good to see my fellow April-ites having all these successes and victories!! Celebrate each and every last one of them. You DESERVE it. And just look at how much time you are all getting under your belts already! Mike - Look at this - you are almost to a week already! Wow! Jean - Knocking on the door of TWO weeks! Yeeehaw! Ki - 11 straight days and growing. Woo Hoo! Angela - We are here and ready for you with open arms! Keep it up guys. You'll be hitting the beach before you know it. Random Thought For The Day: No more pulling up into your driveway, realizing you are almost out and then having to curse and start the car back up and drive to the store to buy a pack. Har! Bingo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 358 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,167 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1074 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 106 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jean, Glad things are a little easier! Walking is going to be one of my best friends on this journey. I hope I don't have any major, huge, craves...I might just turn into Forrest Gump...start walking and not stop! :p I have a "shower story". It was day 2 and I was washing my hair. The thought of smoking just popped into my thoughts. It was frustrating! I took the tips of my ten fingers and started rhythmically tapping my soapy head, telling my brain out loud, "Get used to it! We don't smoke anymore! Get over it!" Pretty funny. Hugs to you for quitting smoking and your support! Mike [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 107 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $17.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
[color=Purple]Mike ! It's IS truly amazing how quickly the body starts to improve as soon as you become a non smoker huh ? Good for you ! :) J xo[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 308 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $123 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
[color=Red]Oh boy Mike, shaking off those 1st wake up in the morning cravings are a b*tch :( Today was especially hard with those but now my body has settled down. I immediately took a long hot shower and imagined those cravings swirling down the drain..lol.. Hey I just do what works for me ! Yes, thanks for asking Mike, those really bad, roller coaster cravings ended in a few hours (which seemed like FOREVER) and my walk is what sent them packing, including lots of positive talk. Congrats on your 5 days smoke free Mike ! :) And keep that in mind when you do have a major crave - all of those 100 PLUS cig's..YUCK! It's a crazy windy day here and rain is on it's way so I'm going to keep busy with indoor distractions - cleaning, dishes, etc.. Have a good.. no! Have a [b]GREAT[/b] smoke free day everyone ! J xo [/color] [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 308 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $123 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
Had to make this a seperate post. Here's some inspiration for all of you: Yesterday my wife commented, "You even look healthier." "How do you mean?" "Just more rosy-cheeked, I don't know, healthier." Later on I was in the bathroom, brushing my teeth. Not thinking about it, I was looking at myself in the mirror, when it struck me: "I LOOK YOUNGER!!!" "No, that can't be, it's just a mental thing." I studied my face closer....and really, I actually look healthier and younger!!! After only 4+ days of not smoking????? If that isn't an incentive to be a non-smoker for the rest of my (and your) life, I don't know what is! I was amazed! Have a great day all, Mike [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 107 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $17.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
Hi Everyone, Shook off those wake up cravings and I'm looking forward to Day 6 as a non-smoker! Jean, Did some laundry, still a couple more loads to do before all my clothes are "non-smoking". Bought the Crest Whitestrips. Have you had any more rough patches like Saturday or has your craving levelled off? I really hope everyone that's posted here is doing well and feeling strong. Let us know sometime, even if it's short and sweet. I'm almost up to 100 cigarettes not smoked. Even that number blows me away. Think about 100 cigarettes side by side. That's a lot! 100 cigarette butts. At least 5 hours of constant smoking! And that's just in 5 short days! What in the hell was I thinking???? What was I doing to myself smoking all those cigarettes for all those years??? The past is the past! I've quit now! Forget about it, except that there will be times when it may be SO easy to relapse and start smoking again. That's when the memory of those 100 cigarettes in 5 days will come in handy. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 107 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $17.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
[color=Red]Good morning everyone.. Sure hope you all had a good smoke free weekend :) Mike.. did you get all your 'to do' items done? Welcome Angela ! I wish everyone a good day and when you have a chance April Ashkickers let us know how you're doing. J xo[/color] [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 306 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $123 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
Hi Angela, Welcome to our April group! Congratulations on the big step of starting your Chantix prescription. I'm using Chantix and celebrating 100 hours as a non-smoker. I have to deal with smoking related thoughts a lot, not sure if they reach the level of cravings. I just have a lot of determinaton and a feeling of finality about this quit. Chantix has made a big difference from previous quits and given me a leg up that I will use to do this come what may. Look forward to hearing more from you. Everyone on this board has helped me by sharing their stories, thoughts and feelings. It's a really amazing thing V-CC has provided here! All The Best, Mike [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 94 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $14 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49

This thread is locked.

Reading this thread: