Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,540 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

APRIL quitters !

17 years ago 0 706 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
jeanigirl, You can do this. I remember the night before my quit. I was excited and scared at the same time. You are making a wonderful decision! Your kids will love the fact that you quit. My kids are so proud of me. If you are like me you will feel great for setting the right example for your kids. Let us know how it goes tomorrow... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 149 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
Hi Jean.. yes my son stayed with me. He and I went to eat (we got us a good ol' taco salad from my favorite mexican resturant.. yummy! Then we went to Wal-Mart to walk off some of the food we ate. My boyfriend and I always go to Wal-Mart after a large meal. We walk around and look and just spend time together. So, I kinda stayed on that routine. I got my son a little nerf basketball thingy and got myself a Pilates tape. Looks like it will be a great benefit. Then we got stuff for breakfast and lunch tomorrow. We decided to come on home tonight and go to Blockbuster tomorrow. I have worked all day and he was at school so we were getting tired... so we are having movie night tomorrow night... I am comfortable in my quit. Even with my troubles last night I know that smoking is not an option. Once I put them down I can't pick them back up. My boyfriend is a very strong man so I know he can make it. I just hope he doesn't give in... I know it will be hard riding for 6 or so hours with his brother smoking.. but if he makes it he will make it ALL the way.. But, it smelled awful to me. I have been trying for over a week now to get that nasty smell out of my car, finally used Febreeze last night and so far it has worked... After smelling his brother's truck I am embarrased to think my car ever smelled that bad! I even mentioned to my boyfriend before he left, out of earshot of his brother, about how bad the truck smelled and how bad his brother smelled and my boyfriend agreed... So I have faith that he will make this weekend without a smoke. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 149 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks, i will try and check in tomorrow, i have a fun day planned with my kids. I will be busy and happy, its 7pm here and i already threw away my cigi's ect at 4.pm because im going to be a non smoker...only looking ahead...all the best jeanigirl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jeaniegirl, Get those coping strategies and distractions together. We will look for you tommorrow! Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Purple]Scaredycat - You are MORE than just hanging in there.. You are doing so beautifully :) 8 days hon, that's super ! And you are not lost, because you are here and that means you are found ! :) We are so proud of YOU ! WOO HOO jeanigirl.. great attitude "I'm ready..looking ahead.." ! And we've got your back. Whether you post directly here or elsewhere on this site member's will come to you if you need us :) Lou - read your other post about one of your kids staying with you this weekend and you're going to rent a movie. Good for you ! Enjoy your evening and you are right - You must put your energy into your quit and protect it at all costs. I so hope that your boyfriend will be of the same mindset and protect his while he's away this weekend. Ok my friends.. I'm outta here for the night. My beloved Blue Jay's..lol.. will be playing in about 15 minutes and I've got to get my snacks and water and get all comfy cozy to watch the game ! THIS is one of my major distractions since I stopped smoking.. I've turned into a raving lunatic, taking out all of my frustrations on the ump's and of course the opposing teams ! Good night all and enjoy your evenings :p J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 594 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $235.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
Hey Scaredycat, i have to tell you reading your last post made me laugh (in a good way) sometimes we just don't see the reality until its printed looking you in the face. I know ive lied for so many years on how many i smoked, i did a self check one day, and swore somebody was stealing my ciggi's....i just did'nt remember SMOKING all those. Same as for the past 30 years when ever someone asked HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKING.. i only use to say 12 years, i did it for many years, i tell you its so shameful when that other person catches on....stay the course your quit is beautiful.. all the best jeanigirl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Hi lolo, thanks for asking, im doing ok. My quit date is tomorrow and im ready.. looking ahead.. keep that quit going, its the best thing ever, to be free. all the best jeanigirl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Way to go April Ashkickers!!! We rock!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 146 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Duck & Jean49. Funny, I'm only on day 9 and I'm almost to the 500 cigarette mark. I was a freaking Chimney!!! It took you guys nearly a month to smoke that many. No wonder I'm so lost. I'm hangin' in there tho. Proud of all you people! You're doing so good! Have a nice weekend! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 431 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$113,542.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6617 Hours: 3

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Purple]Good to know Lolo that you are doing better :) I know what you mean. Coming here has also helped me out on several occasions ! It's a GREAT place :) YES ! WE CAN DO IT ! Oh Duck.. I know - over 500 cancer sticks NOT SMOKED ! YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEE FOR US ! We are all doing a bang up job and it's so liberating to be non smoker's isn't it ? So on that note... [b]Let's KICK ASH ALL WEEKEND LONG :p WOOOOOOO HOOOOO ! APRIL 07 ASHKICKER'S ROCK ! ! ! ! ![/b] J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 591 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $235.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1

This thread is locked.

Reading this thread: