Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,537 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

APRIL quitters !

17 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jeanigirl checking in.... 1 day under my belt..doing ok, same strategy today, keep busy, distraction, and positive self talk ....One thing that i have learnt from my past experience, is not to fight the craves..I accept them, and conciously talk my way threw it, i tell them "i know what you are, soon you will be gone forever" I am a non smoker...well sun,s up need to get moving, walk and breath... all the best jeanigirl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Quick apologies to the following --- Duck, Mav, Sparky... I stepped down on the patch and I'm losing my mind or something. I went to the Stats category with my list to give you all kudo's and I totally messed up your name, put in one week instead of one month ...OMG ! I then went in to correct it and messed up some of those... So please forgive me. I'm not feeling weepy or moody or anything like that since stepping down (going on 3 days ago) I'm just so out of sync... UUGGGHHH!!! I think it best for me to stay away - when it comes to numbers ... Going to take a long hot shower and try to get things back to 'normal'.. :8o: In the meantime.. Angela and janpo1 - if I can get this right.. You guys are celebrating one week right? Oh please make it true.. congrats :) Bye all.. have a great day.. (certainly have to straighten my mind out!) J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 631 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $256.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok, here's one for April Ashkickers like me who live in non-smoking houses. You know that guy who stands outside his house early in the morning, bleary-eyed, sipping his first cup of coffee with his first smoke? He hasn't shaven yet (no time! gotta burn one!) and he's either got a cap on or crazy "bed-head" hair flying in all directions. On cold mornings, he's known to throw overcoats over pajamas or track suits and just stand there-- sippin, smokin and shiverin, ignoring any neighbors who who drive by and gawk at "the lunatic"? You know that guy? Well, for more than three weeks, that guy has NOT been me!! W000000000T!!! .... How great is that?! We're quitting and beautifying the neighborhood at the same time!! :p HAVE SOME FUN THIS WEEKEND APRIL ASHKICKERS--WE'VE EARNED IT!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 734 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 706 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there Jean... yes tonight is movie night. Not sure what movie we are going to get. We are getting ready to go to town now. We thought we would go on and pick up our movie so we have it and can spend the rest of the day at home. I know he wants to go out and play with a friend also. So, we are gonna go and get the trip to town out of the way. We have plenty of popcorn and low calorie pudding and who knows what else we may pick up. LOL! Yes, we are lucky, it is a very pretty day here. Gotta make the best of it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 156 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 238 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
jean, I'm a hockey fan.....Toronto Maple Leafs....hangs head. But I know what you mean about yelling at them to relieve stress. I hope your Jays do better today. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 660 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $210.86 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
[color=Teal]Hey banana it's raining here too and very gloomy outside.. However it's going to be a good day because I get to watch my Jay's play at 1 p.m. WOOHOO! They lost last night so I was really yellin' at the them. I'll tell you it's a great stress reliever all that yellin' and screamin'.. LOL ! Lou you're lucky you have sunshine today.. so tonight it's movie night for you .. do you have a particular flick in mind ? Enjoy it and remember to have some snacks to munch on.. Yummmy ! Yes jeanigirl, if you have a chance, check in and let us know how you're doing k ? Ok.. I've been out for my walk and now some housecleaning, lunch and then the ballgame :) Have a great SMOKE FREE day my fellow [b]ASHKICKER'S ! ! ! ![/b] J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 610 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $246 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 706 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Morning all April Askkickers! Looks like it is gonna be a wonderful sunny and warm day here today. Just wanted to drop in and say hello to everyone. Want to welcome laughing! Great to have ya! jeanigirl, how are ya doing? April Ashkicker's ROCK!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 156 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 238 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello all April quitters :) Good morning, it's Saturday & raining here. Oh well, it's dry in the house....& smoke free!!! :) jeanigirl, today is the day! Are you excited? We are!!! And to all the other April Ashkickers, WAY TO GO!!! :) WE ROCK [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 660 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $210.86 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
[color=Teal]Welcome again laughing ! It's great to see you here and yes, there are amazing member's here.. we are all real [b]ASHKICKER'S ![/b] Your stats are looking excellent :) Keep it up ! Read lots, post often :) J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 608 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $246 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yee haaa!! One more day of kicking ashhhhh...Philip morris...I scoff at you!!! My brother has graciously set up a butt kit outside on the front porch...I live with my brother...and...well...we do quite well together. He asked me if I wanted him to smoke outside. I said he didn't have to..mostly because I don't want him to get angry with me...I said that..and and he said...he didn't get angry..he got even..I said i didn't want anything to do with his evenness...anyway...I told him it would help me...but..that...it was up to him. But that I noticed that he very rarely smoked in the house when my son was here anyway...my son...hates smoking...with a passion!! And I want to keep it that way!! So my bro set up his can outside...i told him...i'd favorite this site for him...just in case he got a desire to quit at some point...we'll see what happens...for me...one more day feels good. Thank you to all of you...you're a very positive group of people..just wish there was a chat room...where we could all sort of talk about things in the moment...but for now..this is good... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 233 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54

This thread is locked.

Reading this thread: