Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Is this normal?

17 years ago 0 292 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today is the first day I have EVER picked the "ZERO" craving choice when logging into this site. For quite a while now I've been choosing the "ONE" level - because it's been kind of like a low hum in the background, just barely perceptible, but definitely there. Today, finally, for the first time, that low hum is GONE. I felt NO cravings at all today - NOT ONE. Not that I think they are in the past! I'm sure there'll be other craves ahead. But for March 17, 2007, I did not crave a smoke at all. Here's my crave chart thingie... [img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/sammijofl/graph031707.jpg[/img] Does anyone else's look like mine or is mine weird?! Since these are kept private for our eyes only, I have no idea whether mine is "normal." By the way, the two spikes in mine are: 1.) in January when I stopped using the patch and 2.) Earlier this month over the weekend of my mom's birthday party when all my family was around! :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 76 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,280 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $228 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sammi I am so happy for you...I can't say about the chart, but all in all it looks good to me...I have yet to reach that though, but very happy that you are there... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,998 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $581 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yeah Sammi, I would say that that is entirely normal. But not to rain on your parade or anything, but just always be prepared because something COULD come up at some time. I remember at 50 days, I went an entire day without thinking about smoking... that didn't happen again for several more months, but it happened once and I was happy to see some light at the end of the tunnel... and I think that's what you're seeing too! Congratulations! You're finally feeling the freedom from smoking, and is'nt that awesome?!?! Always remember this day because the first day when you can finally say that you have no cravings whatsoever is a very special day! Congratulations! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 639 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,976 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2639.07 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lookin good there. SammieJo! Love your charts! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 191 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,596 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1528 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sammi, Congratulations! Zero is a beautiful number isn't it? Your craving chart looks fine. Plenty of ups and downs with a gradual decline overall. You're right on target. Keep up the great progress! Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: