Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,537 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

This really struck a chord...hidden treasures

17 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great discussion.. Should make each one of us think. I don't think the perfume or the gum helped. I remember when I went home to visit my parents with my son. I stayed in a motel and would go and vist in the morning and stay all day. I'd go all day without a smoke BUT would enjoy a few puffs in the morning before I went. I would lather the lotion/perfume/gum on thinking I had them fooled. My son was quick to point out "they aren't dumb, mom"... .you can still smell it!!!... It does feel good at this infant stage of my "quit" that I won't have to do that anymore. And, in fact, I think I'll go out and treat myself to my favorite perfume and enjoy the scent (that I'm getting back slowly) without the smoky effects added. Keep on keeping on!!! Marcy
17 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
that is so terrible isnt it! i would do my best try to avoid all my inlaws just because of the fact i couldnt smoke around them. its just like being a drug user, of course we wouldnt want to call it that. it was our best friend-we thought. im glad i dont need to avoid visiting people anymore :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 280 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $64 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There are lots of new things to discover. Who knew that I would love peppermint candies???!!! Who knew that I would enjoy getting up early to drink coffee and watch the news??? Who knew that I would be able to laugh without coughing up a lung??? Keep your eyes focused on the future and you will succeed I bet! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 878 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $243.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just received an email from a friend of mine who used to be a heavy smoker - she has been a nonsmoker for about 7 years now. She wrote to me about her motivation to quit - how she was tired of cigarettes ruling her life. Anyway, one thing really struck a chord with me. She said that she used to hate visiting her in-laws because they are huge anti-smokers so she'd have to sneak smokes & always make sure she had perfume & gum, etc. She said that she dreaded spending time with her in-laws because they were so annoying (and I remember her complaining about this). But, she now loves visiting & spending time with them and cherishes this relationship. She thinks that the annoyance she felt was really all about the smoking issue. Wow. To think that she would have spent the rest of her life missing out on this positive & wonderful relationship with her in-laws if she hadn't quit. Makes me wonder what treasures I'll find/re-discover in my new non-smoking life... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 397 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,425.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5540 Hours: 21

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 28

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOW! This is a great experience and we thank you for sharing it with us. Smoking has effected us all and in so many ways. Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: