Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Blah, Blah, Blah

17 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey - It's normal. You miss your friend and you don't know how to deal with it. I had about a week or so of that...I rode it out - you have to. It's like the glamour and excitment of quitting has finally wore off and you're thinking 'is this it?' No, it's not it. It's gets better and it's all good. I watched movies, worked late hours, and dragged my depressed butt everywhere, but I kept moving and doing things. Just don't start feeling sorry for yourself. It will pass real soon. It's just another step in your journey. Post back and tell me how you're doing. OK? -- 2tone [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 723 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $137.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$357,635.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9150 Hours: 9

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Penguin - I'll bet you feel better today. It may take a few days to get your a** back in gear. And that void may vist you over and over again. I sometimes sit around feeling like a rock with lips...no motivation, desire, feelings...kinda dead inside. Of course, I know people like that who don't smoke...go figure. Keep us posted... -- 2tone [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 744 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $143 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$357,635.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9150 Hours: 9

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It reminds me of that country song "My Give a Damn's Busted". I love that song. I feel for ya - Penguin. I'm sorry you're having a rough time of it. I pulled this quote from a response you gave me a couple of months ago. I don't know how to do the nice italics. "Remember that this is a process of recovery, and we will not make it happen all in one week. It's going to take some time. It will require a lot of patience. It's not just about not-smoking, that is where all that other stuff comes in - the emotional stuff, the confidence. You may not "think" you are working on it, but you are. It's like a child's first year of life. They learn so much - but not all in one day - little by little. Some weeks, nothing happens, and then the next week - it all comes together. It will all come together in time." Keep posting, Penguin, it really does take all of us for each of us, I think. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 235 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $115 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I felt that emptiness for a long time on this quit. I think, here at almost 100 days, I can begin to say that the empty blahs have pretty much gone away and get replaced with my old normal brain chemistry again. It has been a progression that began very early in the quit. Hang in there. It may take a long time but it will get better, one day at a time. QM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,954 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $388 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Penguin, I have found that when I don't know what to do, the best thing to do is nothing! That way you are certain NOT to have to regret any bad choices! Take it easy on yourself, maybe even a little reward to pick up your spirits! Enjoy the feeling of not high.....not low.......just being! You may even begin to enjoy it! Stay strong and know that we're here for you! Did I see a little wing flutter there????? Hugs, Debbie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,737 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $322.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Penguin BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH! OK? BLAH BLAH XX(KISS KISS) Love BLAH!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 167 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,516 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �876.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Penguin Dont cry it upsets me........ Have a sardine... Better? Phil x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 166 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,489 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �871.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi penguin - What if you got out of your head? :) and just took some time to BE. This journey is so amazing and powerful - it can change moment to moment and some of those moments are startling - some quiet and calm, some intense and needy... And aome just ARE :) Just BE, dear one... Love and Blessings- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 322 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,296 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1497.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 42 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Blah, Blah, Blah.... How do I feel? I don't know. Am I ok? I think I am. Do I want to smoke? No, I don't think so. What is this that I'm feeling then? Blah. Ahhhhhh Progress! ;p How about a book? Cross Word Puzzle? Jig saw puzzle? Movie? Walk? Needlework? Exercise? Ice Cream? Reward? Smoking took up a lot of time. You are now getting over the withdrawals and just may be bored. Find something to occupy your mind. You simply need something to do. You are doing great Penquin. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 568 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,377 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1988 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You have come so far :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 569 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,397 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1991.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4

Reading this thread: