Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

I have renamed my daughter!!!!

17 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Crabbychops???? 6 days quit. Oh yeah, I could justify the name change. Lots of deep breathing and a good support system. Don [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 722 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,895 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4693 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 124 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL, very funny! Wishing you both continued success! Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 118 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan ~ first off what a lovely name, its my moms name too! I wish you the best and hope for a great outcome! A family affair!!!!!!!!!!! Wish my sister would do it too but Im not going to nag her,she would shoot me. Gratz on the decision! We are here for you Peace Dawn [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 124 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 77 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I would explain to your daughter that being crabby is one of the reasons to got on the SSC. Lord knows (and my family) I had a hard time with the beginning of my quit and some times a day here and there too but I get on the site and vent some or read some and I feel soooo much better. It really does help so much. Wonderful people with great support and advice helps more than you realize or if your in a really horrid mood, want to admit to at the time. Good luck and best wishes...Wendi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 513 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow live - Your mom is called "Crabbychops"? What a coincidence?? Maybe it's a good thing that you and your daughter have different quit dates Jan...can you imagine if you were both going through the cranky phase together!!?? Thank goodness I didn't have to put up with me during this phase - It would have been enough to make me want to smoke! Always glad to hear from you, Jan...Take care! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 117 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,358 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $585 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everyone, from both Lindsay and myself. She's doing much better today, not quite the "crabbychops" she was yesterday. I keep telling her about the support, whether its here or another site, like you suggested Rusty. Phil - do you think CrabbychopsI and CrabbychopsII is a little cheesie? I'll really have to think hard for another name for me, because by that time, I'm sure I'll deserve it. Cheers guys, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am building steam for my own quit next week, while enjoying the company of a young woman henceforth to be called CRABBYCHOPS!!!! My daughter. On the 6th day of her quit, she's having quite a time. She's doing this cold turkey, so I'm listing all the coping tools I know. I even suggested she go to bed. Oh please, please! I'm trying to get her to join SSC, but right now she exclaims she's too crabby for anything. Ah well...this too shall pass. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Crabbysmum! I am sure that if Crabbychops is half the lady her mum is she will do fine.. Phil xx (One each) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 153 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,215 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �803.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OK Jan mate So whats your new name????? Me xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 152 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,194 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �798 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan, Way to make it a team effort! Just as Rusty said, her quit is her own and she has to figure out how to get through it. Keep supporting her as you have and bringing forth ressources so she can use them should she feel the need. Thanks for sharing! Danielle ________________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: