Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

What does it mean to you to be smoke free!

17 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tony, * I have an insane amount of energy. * I can breath normal again. * I have a lot more money. * Food tastes amazing. * I am not cold during my work breaks. * My car smells good. * I am commanding more respect from family, friends, and collegues * I can walk and run again. * I do a lot of weight lifting. * I have more respect for myself. * I don't waste gas driving around aimlessly to smoke. * I'm looking a lot better ********************AND MOST IMPORTANTLY***************************** * My wife and son will have me around longer. Joe, Joe, * [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 596 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How has your life changed or is in the process of being changed as a result of not smoking?
  • Quit Meter

$51,006.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 777 Hours: 20

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 79 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Things that have changed in one week. 1. I can smell a lot of very pleasant things around me! 2. I have more motivation about a lot of things. 3. I don't huff and buff just going up the steps. 4. My girlfriend likes to come up and snuggle a little more! 5. I feel better all the way around. J [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 251 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tony, I'm going to be four full weeks of quitting once I complete today, and here is what I have noticed: My breathing is much better when climbing stairs and doing other things. My smoker's cough is completely gone (this I love). I have much more time on my hands to spend with the kid's and get projects done without the interruption of going outside to have 20 cigs a day (I was smoking at least a pack a day, sometimes more). It's winter now, and I'm not freezing my "arse" off going outside to have a cig. I see people carrying around oxygen tanks and I think to myself, that is NOT going to be me now, and this really makes me feel good. I can smell and taste better and I personally smell better. My breath doesn't stink anymore. I think the best thing, is at this point in my quit, I feel free. I feel free from the addiction. I'm free from worrying about when I'm at non-smoking events of when I'm going to be able to sneak out and get a cig. I've reduced my risk of a stroke, heart attack, lung cancer or COPD. This is my second longest quit in my smoking history, and I couldn't be happier for myself. This is the single most best thing I've ever done for myself, it is so worth the hard times of quitting. Thanks for starting this thread... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 601 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $148.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I feel the same as Mr. Ed.. Really feel like I'm in control now. I don't have a lot of control in many things in my life, but with this quit it's ALL me! Also I feel an incredible amount of freedom.. letting go of a horrible habit and feeling and looking that much better for it. Very much enjoying the effects of being a non smoker :) Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 690 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $306 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Haven't been able to check in for a few days because of a busy, busy weekend, but one of the weird things I've noticed is that in addition to all the extra time, I've found that I have tons of extra patience, as well. Totally unexpected -- instead of giving up on new tasks or projects I don't know how to do, I find myself simply doing the step-by-step thing instead of getting mad and going out for a cigarette. Like I say, totally unexpected, but very welcome! pete [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,769 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $192.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The ladies can't get enough of me :confuse:.. Ok ok My 3 girls and ,well, the wife. :blush:. And everything Kaitlina said.....also got my paycheck...it's your birthday....got my bumper fixed...it's your birthday...and the fender..(that mini me insurance commercial kills me, sorry) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 555 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $124.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
tony, i can now breathe better, my senses of taste and smell have been reawakened i have fresh breath. i now won't suffer from circulation problems i hope! thanks lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 622 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �164 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
  • Quit Meter

$113,535.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6491 Hours: 15

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 132 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
More air, more money and NO MORE FREEZING MY ARSE to go out and have a smoke (It's winter and cold in Montreal now). [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 76 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,921 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $608 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is a great thread - Sometimes it is easy to forget how far we've come. I can run and walk faster. I spend more time at the gym. I don't get stressed when I have to work late because I am not craving a cigarette. Last Friday, I was working late and dropped by at my brother's at 8 p.m., stayed and had a glass of wine and a visit and then went home (In the past I would have chain-smoked all the way back home and skipped the visit with my non-smoking brother). I am gaining more and more control over my life. Oh yes - and I got this great "reward" that is soft and furry - sneaks into the neighbours apartments, erases my e-mails and walks on my keyboard, drinks out of my water glass, and never ever stops running and jumping....so I guess I just replaced one demon for another. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 84 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,697 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $420 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50

Reading this thread: