Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

The Hallowe'en Ritual

17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The only thing I would worry about, being quit the same time as you, is the question of whether the neighbor will be smoking there in front of you or not. This might be a little early for that type of temptation, or at least it would be for me. I'm staying away from all the folks I used to hang out with and smoke, just for now. I mean, of course I talk to them, just not when they are on fire... Enjoy the freedom! Denise [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 416 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $97.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jan....and how was your Halloween? Hope all went well! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,018 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $250 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Jan...and Happy Halloween....Congrats on 2 weeks to both you and Sparky. I think that is a great plan! It's strange....some of the things that I thought were BIG triggers didn't turn out to be a big deal (i.e. having a glass of wine) yet other triggers popped out of nowhere when I hadn't prepared for them (having a friend phone). I agree....it's good to deal with those triggers in a save place with a backup plan. Way to go Jan! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 997 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $245 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm thinking this is a probably a wee bit daft, however, every Hallowe'en my neighbour and I set up shop outside on our porches. Each with our coffee, cigs, and candy. I do this so the beagles(affectionately known as "the girls") won't bark everytime the doorbell rings. So this year I'm thinking, A) let hubby give out the candy, B) let the girls out in the backyard to howl(oh the neighbours would just love that!!!!), or C) just suck it up and go out there with a big mug of coffee and concentrate on the kids coming to my door. I've been thinking about this all day! Any thoughts? Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 415 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $117 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
Thanks so much for all the great advice,everyone! Here's what I think I'll do. I'll start out and see how it goes. There'll be lots of kids to focus on and if my neighbour smokes too much then I'll call the reinforcements.(that would be hubby) I'll let him take over while I concentrate on other things. But you're right, I can't stop living my life and we only learn new habits by practice, so I'll be fine. Of course, the other problem is...we have lots and lots and lots of candy!!!! Promise not to eat too much. Thanks again everyone. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 433 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $126 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Sparky and Windy. I think I'll be fine. If I find it getting too hard, I'll just call on hubby. Happy Hallowe'en, everyone!!!! Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 446 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $126 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
Sweets for everyone!!!! I think they are well deserved, don't you? Phil, you say Hallowe'en isn't big in Britain, do you celebrate at all? If not, we'll all send you a big parcel of sweets! And River, I have to keep the treats up and away from the girls. It wouldn't be above them to nip one or two. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 439 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $126 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
I made it through my evening of trick or treaters. I had a mug of coffee, lots of kids to keep me busy, and I only ate two small chocolate bars. I felt like an icicle when I came in though. So I threw my jammies on, made a cup of tea, wrapped up in a big blanket and watched TV. All in all the evening was good. Hope you're feeling better, Phil. Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 519 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $153 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lots and lots of sweets you say, Jan??? I'm on my way!!!!! ;p Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,358 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �270 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Halloween is not that big a thing inthe UK. Seems to be growing a little year by year but really November 5th(Firework night) is our big night! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,648 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �430.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37

Reading this thread: