Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,665 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

come to say "byby"for now!

18 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Jan, I don't know you. I have only been around for a few weeks. I don't even know how long you stayed smoke free. Doesn't matter really an hour or a year.Just because you smoked doesn't mean you have to go back to it. Its only nicotines seductive lure. You think there is something there for you. You go back, like the wife to an abusive husband only to find yourself hurting. We will all be here. Watching each time the door opens.. "Is that Jan"? ,we'll say... We will be here. No judgment. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 292 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68.46 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bogbott; When I read this, I actually went back and searched some of your past posts. I do see that you have really struggled in just this past 30 days. The last post I read was your "Brain Farts". So that was what, 8 days ago that you had 4 hits from a cig? Why is this time any different? I mean, can't you just throw your pack away, and re-claim your quit? Is what your goin thru so bad that a cig will change the outcome? You know it wont........ Then why not stand up, and say "The heck with this. My quit is mine. It DOES mean something. It means that when Aimee graduates high school, or college, or gets married, or has children of her own -- I WILL BE THERE. And without an oxygen tank!!! Without coughing up a lung. Without embarrassing Aimee." Isnt she worth it? Your health is first, and foremost. Quit killing yourself. Life is hard. Quitting is hard. Dealing with kids is hard. Dealing with prople is hard. EVERYTHING is hard.... however, that is life. You need to re-think your coping stratagies. We know you can do this. You have a successful quit (over 150 days). Yes, I am counting. Come back. Don't throw your quit away. Brush yourself off and come back. Accept it as a set back. You are not a smoker anymore. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 531 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $55.59 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
18 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:( So sorry to hear that Jan!!! Appreciate the fact that you let us know instead of just disappearing...hope to see you back here soon. Hope Aimie doesn't think smoking is alright coz Mommy does it! :( So sad for you Jan. The Chicken [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 385 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $142.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[font=Comic Sans MS][b] I am sorry to hear that you are having a hard time... It is hard not to smoke... but, it will be harder to quit if you don't start soon... Your body is still pretty clear.. nicodemon is just luring you back.. be strong.. don't let him win.. Please come back soon.. remember your health and your reasons for quitting.. Christine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,246 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $171.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
18 years ago 0 40 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan...We will all await your return. Life is so hard sometimes. I know I'm going through some things right now and it wouldn"t take much to give in. I spent much of the day just reading the posts. I will keep you in my prayers hurry back [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 75 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,275 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $238.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Say it isn't so jan!! I will miss you, your quirky sense of humor and your lower case letters sooo much! Please pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again REAL soon. I need you here. I'm very glad though that you told us instead of just leaving. This way we can all say how great you are. Please hurry back to your smoke-free life. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] :( :( :( [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,931 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $664 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
18 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey bogbott [IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f190/cuddlebug230/th1005-005-92-1028.gif[/IMG] Cuddles [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 796 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
18 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i wont go into all the gorry stuff its my own doing and yes im back on the cigs. at the moment i am taking a step back and thinking,you know i couldnt get my head round this thing and it was with me 24/7 ,evan worse since i quit the gum.for 19 hours a day i was screaming inside.and that made me scream at others,strange men in cars mostly! as it is iv.e had 5 today and my chest is already tight again ,i know i have to do this or i will breath not for much longer,but i need time out, i couldnt just not say anything and leave,i love you all to much for that ,you all have helped me in one way or another some more than others,my yahoo buddies.i will miss this place very much but i dont think i will stay away for to long ,my health depends on it,i need to approach it differently. i will miss you guys hope to be back soon jan xxxxxx
18 years ago 0 63 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Get up and brush yourself off and get back on the quit. You've come too far. I too have been struggling the last week and even asked for a cig yet DETERMINATION and remembering the resaon I quit is why I will not smoke. Come on this is only a set back, throw them away and start again. Do it for YOU!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/10/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 163 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,269 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $619.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh Jan, you've struggled so hard to get this far that I am crushed to see you throw in the towel. It will be so hard to stop...go thru hell week again. What about if you just go back on the gum again. You get the nic without ruining your health. We all know that you can do this. Please, throw that pack away before you're back smoking a pack a day. You are just in a rough spot. We are reaching out for your hand (in my best Lady voice) and pulling you back up on the quit wagon. Together we will get through this.....don't wait too long or the nicodemon will enslave you for life. So sorry...how can we help? Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 242 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,851 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1210 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41

Reading this thread: