Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Relationships?

13 years ago 0 217 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance,

What a pleasure it was to read this post from you. It made me really happy to read that you are coming to these realizations and being the best that you can be. You are an inspiration. I am so happy to hear that your car is shiny and being used and that you are in contact with your children. I am amazed and proud, but you know what I knew this would come....

Strength

13 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lance,

I am so glad you are doing so well!  It is thrilling to know how far you have come!  Great work!

I am sorry to hear the relationship didn't go as you had planned.  Hlow are you feeling about the whole situation? It sounds like you are a little frustrated about the whole thing.  Can you tell more?

Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 194 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well it was dumb, wasn't real, was made up in my head and now it's gone. I think I began creating a relationship in my mind that I would like to have. It just happened this girl played along, maybe unknowing and just being friendly and nice. I sure learned how overbearing I can be, even when it's plain being real nice. I could very well smother someone with affection, gifts etc. and it also includes feeling of jealousy along with all that. Boy, I have issues to think about. I know I shouldnt go here, but I didn't always seem to have all this. Life came so natural and things seemed to fall in to place and work out. Otherwise I wouldn't have had all I lost! Family, home etc. etc. Things are getting much better in everything, I mean really better. Its just strange at times.

If you spent a week with me (Ashley) on the schedule I keep and where I go and what I am doing, YOU would be simply amazed. One year ago, I felt hopeless, now the big city is at my disposal. I have a lot ahead now. I still have a lot of work ahead, but I am full speed ahead. My totally shiny car is being driven more all the time too! Lots of contact with my daughters and a little better with my son.

This went on longer and in a different direction than I started, so I'll end with a Thank You to my special friends here!
13 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think "normal" is an illusion...
Hhahaha I doubt there will ever be an authentic description of that! And if there ever was one, it would likely change the following week! 

Strength
13 years ago 0 121 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree it was not a healthy thing to do, Strength, and I know it's not good to go back there again, but it was nice to think that I was able to cope at that time.    Not knowing why, though.          You're right about the definition of normal, too.   I wonder if anyone has an authentic description for "normal" around here?  
Hi Rebbie,

I hear you about sometimes thinking you felt better when you had your feelings and emotions all closed up inside; however, I think doing so creates more problems later on. I think it's important to deal with emotions and feelings and get them out in the open. I hear you about wanting to feel normal, but what is normal anyway.... Try making yourself small goals,and work on those. I think you will start to feel better. 

Strength

13 years ago 0 121 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, Lance.  feelings and emotions seem to throw me off track, too.   That's where I've been lately.   I drove right off right into the gulley!       Though I know it's not the place to be, I think I felt better when I had my feelings and emotions all closed up inside of me and I had this hard shell surrounding me.    I was able to cope better with the other things in life then.    But, now I'm letting my feelings and emotions out and I'm lonely as hell.    I just want to be normal again.   I don't know if I remember what normal is anymore, though.    You hang in there, Lance.   We'll eventually get through this....
13 years ago 0 194 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know what your saying, but this is hard! Is it me or do feelings and emotions throw you off track. Sleep, apetite, motivation. Im not used to feelings like this. Time, im sure will make the difference. But a part of me says it should be different. Plus its hard to understand.
Hi Lance,

I know that these situations can be really disheartening. "Good friends" sometimes is the last thing we want to hear when we are starting to grow fond of someone. Although it is hard to define yourselves as just good friends, clearing the air can make it easier on both of you. Appreciate the presence of your good friend in your life and continue to focus on your other goals, passions, pursuits. Keep busy and post often! I like to hear from you. Let us know how you are doing!

Strength  

Reading this thread: