Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,507 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

Absolute blank in my mind....

15 years ago 0 185 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi guys!
Finally on Friday I've managed to start an experiment and on Monday I should have some data. Let's hope useful data.
I also managed to write the introduction and some ideas... We will see how it gets.

15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry to hear your mom pressured you again! Wow, must be so tough on you! But at least you get a little break for  a wekk. Keep us posted!
This week at least my mother is in Brazil. And my father when is alone is manageable. At least I have a little break.
Before departure my mother just tried once again to get me go to stay with them....
15 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sheba,

Patrick has a point, you will need to settle the issues with your parents within you and not allow them to flow into your work.  It's hard to not let them manipulate you since it's likely been that way all your life.  You will need to take mental breaks from it so that you can collect your thoughts. 

Best of luck to you Sheba, I hope your parents wake up soon and support you.
Hey Sheba,

I am just like you atm. In a total bind and unfocused. I think I will try to get to it though as being behind on deadlines freaks me out. Hang in there and let me know how you do!
15 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sheeba,   Try to stay focused, take little breaks every 20-30 minutes and be sure to be rested.     Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
Yesterday I've managed to get some work done. I preparing most of the test data for one of the papers. For the second I need to solve a software issue but right now I don't know how.... I hate Java. If I solve this one maybe I can have some new results.... Is a stupid thing but stops all my experiments. Is the behaiviour of a library to access a lexical dictionary. Normally if doesn't find a word it should just return a null value instead is stopping all algorithm....
If I solve this maybe I should have something for the paper. If only I'll find the energy to concentrate on this.

Hello Sheba,

I really understand how tough the blank mind and low energy thing can be. I have to deal with that too in my studies. I think Patrick has great advice. I find that helping clear my head about other things helps me focus on my school things after. Also, sometimes just taking a bit of time to rest and refresh myself makes me a lot more productive after. I find some walking when the stress gets too high very helpful also. Anyway, please keep us posted.
15 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Maybe it's just that your mind is still preoccupied with the happenings with your boyfriend and your parents during the holidays just ended, Sheba. Such a lot of emotional acquisitions over a short period of time - not like the way you've been dealing with your relationships while you've been studying before the vacation! You just need time to shake and sift those thoughts around until you have "processed" them? Do it deliberately (with a trusted friend over supper?) and clear your head for the tasks of the papers you have to produce...it's hard to be creative when your mind is busy reconstructing and remodelling conversations that stirred you up lately.  For example all that talk from your parents about whether or not you're on the "right path" can be very trying and burdensome. Settle the emotions in your mind to your satisfaction and stop worrying about what they want for you and from you...
 Just an idea ...
Patrick

The oproblem is not that i'm unable to write but that i have no ideas. Or at list I have some ideas but I don't have the mood to write the software to begin the tests. It is really a bad sensation. I just have no energy to start working. Especially when I spent all day doing stupid things and fighting with them....

Reading this thread: