Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Expressing yourself creatively, Part III €“ Inspirational stories

12 years ago 0 152 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have really enjoyed getting back into crafts, i used to love it and stopped for so long, all the things i enjoyed just stopped and i ended up just work work work, now I have painted and decorated a beautiful kettle, made some fake cakes, painted and decorated a few tissue box covers, they have all turned out lovely, its nice to stand back and look at your creations, it gives you a sense of pride and also confidence that you can do things

Debi
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I wonder if anybody's into gardening this weekend, or next?  I'm doing some, but the weather doesn't look great for next week when somebody's agreed to put in and nurture a veggie garden...I have to research for tips on pruning the grape vine, since the friends aren't interested in that.
12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone:  When I was sick last yr.  I couldn't stand for very long without BP going too high.  The winter was long and I had to lie down a lot.  A gf suggested I get back to my art work - she was a great motivator.  I didn't see how I could do it.  I got some old clay out of the basement and started making something - didn't even know what.  I ended up making toad houses.  I could start and stop anytime, it was at home so I could lie down, rest and leave it.  At first although it tired me out beyond belief, I did get stronger and felt my old self coming back.  My creative juices were flowing again.  I thank that friend very much. 

Your friend, Sunny
12 years ago 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post Josie. I never thought art as a form of therapy until I joined this program. Now I see that  I can use art to express my feelings and my emotions and I am trying to incorporate art in my life.

P.S.
The links are not working. I had to copy and pasting them in the browser.
12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Members,

We’ve been talking about expressing yourself creatively. Many of our greatest works of art have come from individuals with mental health illnesses. Painters like Van Gogh, Michelangelo, Virginia Woolf, Edgar Allan Poe and many others all suffered from depression or bipolar disorder. Below you’ll find links to stories of other individuals who have found solace in art therapy.

Psychology Today:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-20060810-000001.html

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-20070516-000004.html

Happy reading!

Reading this thread: